Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pretty much done collecting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
It seems to me that collecting cards just no longer excites me. The only thing I ever search for is Descalso cards and there are not many of those these days. I started collecting Music, Vinyl, Tapes, CDs and DVDs, and then started playing golf. Now I bought a 1993 Mustang GT that I am slowly putting together as my first car so all of my hobbies money is kind of out the door. I wanted to take time to thank everyone who has helped me with my collection over the years and who will continue to help me in the future. I am not leaving the boards but I feel myself drifting farther and farther away from the site. So thank you everybody.:-?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not uncommon. How old are you? i stopped in my early 20s, but came back after about 5 years (when I had more money to burn).

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I am 19. It also does not help that working at Busch Stadium has taken a little bit of my passion away from the game. I can completely understand why baseball players can be aholes. Its not that the passion for the game is gone it is the expirence. Often times mutiple people ruin my night by not listening, being drunk and stupid, or just general self centered behavior then I have to push through that, be nice to everyone and keep everybody within my sight safe. I am not complaning about my job I love it. It just makes it hard at times to want to pay attention to whats happening on the field or in all of baseball. ALSO just as a disclaimer most people are super nice and understanding but when you deal with thousands of people it is easy to have to control 10 idiots in one night. lolol

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
I get the same feeling every year around this time of the year when it gets warm. Seems like I get more involved with the boat and the muscle car and my card time gets shortened. I always put the cards on the back burner until it cools down. Come winter time I am glad I didn't get rid of anything.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
See, now I miss my muscle cars and want one back. Now I have a wife and kids to spend my money, so maybe I need to quit buying cards for a while, buy myself a nice car and then I can return later!

Anyone have any 1968-71 Big Blocks available? My preference now is a 70 SS 454 Chevelle even though I am a Mopar man at heart.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
See, now I miss my muscle cars and want one back. Now I have a wife and kids to spend my money, so maybe I need to quit buying cards for a while, buy myself a nice car and then I can return later!

Anyone have any 1968-71 Big Blocks available? My preference now is a 70 SS 454 Chevelle even though I am a Mopar man at heart.
Why do you have to one up me? Mine is a 396

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'd echo what others said, just store the cards away that you have and you'll be back one day. I gave it up when I was probably 18 or so... then picked it back up when I graduated from college and had money and wanted to have another hobby again. You'll be back, it's not if but when.

Good luck.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
I am 19. It also does not help that working at Busch Stadium has taken a little bit of my passion away from the game. I can completely understand why baseball players can be aholes. Its not that the passion for the game is gone it is the expirence. Often times mutiple people ruin my night by not listening, being drunk and stupid, or just general self centered behavior then I have to push through that, be nice to everyone and keep everybody within my sight safe. I am not complaning about my job I love it. It just makes it hard at times to want to pay attention to whats happening on the field or in all of baseball. ALSO just as a disclaimer most people are super nice and understanding but when you deal with thousands of people it is easy to have to control 10 idiots in one night. lolol

Yeah but you get to see some sick Vince Coleman throwbacks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL

I thought the patrons of Busch were supposed to be the nicest fans in baseball. Imagine working in Philadelphia or Boston!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Like everyone else has said, don't sell it off. One day you'll want to see them again and you'll regret selling. Just set them aside. And stop by FCB and visit randomly even if you aren't still collecting.

We didn't interact much but you always did right by me. We'll see you around.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Most of the time hobbies come and go. I quit riding BMX when I was a kid.. I just bought one again because I'm tired of boxing. Figure I'd move on from one safety endangering sport to another. I love riding again, best decision ever to pick up this Sunday Model C.

Cards bore me at times, but I've been going strong since 2006... when I started up after quitting in 1994. For all I know I might get tired of it in a year or two.

Most important thing is, I never grew up and probably never will.

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Like everyone else has said, don't sell it off. One day you'll want to see them again and you'll regret selling. Just set them aside. And stop by FCB and visit randomly even if you aren't still collecting.

We didn't interact much but you always did right by me. We'll see you around.

^^^ I just went through this recently. I sold off a bunch of cards thinking I was getting out. I now seriously regret it.

Burks

May 28, 2014
I've been out of collecting for over a decade. I'm trying to get back into it but it's very hard. I miss the days of opening pack after pack and if you didn't score big, it wasn't a big deal. You can't do that any more unless you want to drop big bucks and maybe get a McDonald's Happy Meal worth of cards back (or so it seems).

So I'm stuck collecting players. No more card ripping unless I can get some early 90's crap boxes for dirt cheap just to rip and use for fire starters....sucks.....but that's the time we live in. How people drop hundreds of dollars on a box each week is beyond me. Oh well!

Members online

Latest posts