Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A Career Ending Throw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I don't know if any of you remember Kip Gross throwing a ball so far over second base that it hit the centerfield wall before it stopped, but it is a moment that a lot of us will never forget. I got a chance to interview him a few days ago.

Kip Gross Interview

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I don't give two craps about the Astros, but I gotta say I've enjoyed reading your blog posts for the human interest. Good stuff keep it up!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Odd that you write that his answers were very brief which didn't make for a great interview and he's a very quiet person.
Maybe he was just tired, but I saw an interview with him about him leading the Japanese league in wins two straight years, and he was very talkative.
And in this other interview, he gives long and detailed answers:
http://baseballhistorian.blogspot.com/2011/06/kip-gross-international-sensation.html

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
He may have just not cared for my questions. His time with the Astros was, ultimately, the end of his career.

Latest posts