Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The monkeys are loose & runnin' wild at topps!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
From blowout

After waiting 9+ months for two full item redemptions to show up I finally got a surprise package in the mail Friday. Considering I was told by Topps on numerous occasions that these would either be game-used hats or jerseys I was surprised that it was one of their regular white cardboard envelopes.

When I opened it I was shocked to find two 4" x 3" magnets. One was the Orioles logo and the other was a Texas logo. Confused as heck I looked up the mlb holograms on them and found out they were magnets used on the 2013 draft board for the 2nd round.

I couldn't stop laughing. Topps stated on their sell sheet that those redemptions were for items from minor league games and their customer service staff assured me they would both be game-used jerseys or hats.

Instead they sent a computer print out of a team logo pasted onto a magnet and used at an event that has nothing to do with a game.

Needless to say I'll be calling customer service today when I have 20 minutes to wait on hold. Anyone have info on where to file a complaint for bait and switch if they don't fix the situation? Thanks

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Mixed feelings...on the one hand, I think it would be kind of cool to have stuff from the draft (if that was what I was expecting to get) - especially if I could map it back to the player selected and get an auto or something. On the other, if I was expecting a full sized GU item, I would be pretty pissed about it.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I actually had a customer get a redemption for the same last year and he got a full Jersey.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
HAHA. Honestly, with all the incompetence and flat out lies I don't understand why people still buy/redeem redemption's. Seems like it'd be a better bet to just wait until the redemption ships...chances are you'll see them on ebay before yours gets the shipping notification anyways (if these types of threads are any indication).

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
HAHA. Honestly, with all the incompetence and flat out lies I don't understand why people still buy/redeem redemption's. Seems like it'd be a better bet to just wait until the redemption ships...chances are you'll see them on ebay before yours gets the shipping notification anyways (if these types of threads are any indication).

This

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
That's insane. And how is that not just straight-up fraud? I can sympathize a tiny bit with their need for a redemption process but it's just gotten ridiculous, and this is shameful. They buy jerseys in bulk from teams (allegedly). For this, they don't have to print a card, get someone to autograph it, or do any production whatsoever. Just jam that thing in a box and ship it.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
But if the redemption doesn't say "Jersey", then it could technically be ANYTHING. I think the guy will end up getting other items, but I wouldn't touch a generic prize for anything.

I think on the sell sheet Adam it did say Jersey, Pants, Hat and even shoes? Someone mentioned it on blowout in that thread too.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
So they could send you the dug-out trash bag and still be within their description at this point.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'd actually be ok with the wording on the redemption if it wasn't a topps card knowing their incompetence and history of ******* things up.

Imho, only the following are acceptable:
Jersey, pants, fielding or batting gloves, bat, hat, helmet, wrist bands, cleats.

Pitching rubber and any base would be passable too.

No magnets, eye black, tape from a bat, marker used to write on a bat knob, sunflower seed shell, gum, used Gatorade cup, jock strap, socks, piece of wall, bench, dirt, etc.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
You have to be a full on idiot if you actually send in a Topps redemption worth more than a few dollars. I kinda feel sorry for these people but only on the surface.

Members online

Latest posts