Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andujar Cedeno: Gone But Forgotten

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I learned of Cedeno's passing after I started collecting the Topps All Rookie Team cards signed, the trophy cards. He was in the 1992 Topps set and other than being a foreign born player who might have been tought to begin with, having died young didn't help when I went to add this card to my collection. In the end, it was not too terribly tough to find thankfully. This was probably because he didn't have a massive career, but still glad to find a copy or two.

Jose Oliva suffered a similar fate, as did Rufino Linares, both of who were also on the Topps ART (Except Linares' 82 Topps didn't have the trophy). Oliva died just 2 years or so after his trophy card was issued in 1997 and Linares in 1998!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Yeah, with 8 years between his RC and his death, it wouldn't be nearly as bad as some other players. It's funny how different collections can have so much overlap.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
For some reason, his '91 Score Series 2 RC stood out to me, when busting packs.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I think his name is more known here because he was a 90s guy and the others were 70s guys.
[MENTION=4035]DaClyde[/MENTION], do you have an extra copy of that card? Because it is awesome.

Members online

Latest posts