Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Well, esnipe just screwed me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Now, I'll preface by saying that I assumed something, so I share blame.

But...

Wouldn't you think part of the service would be to notify you if there is an account-password conflict BEFORE it tries to launch the ******* bid? Like, what is it worth checking up on an auction 90 minutes before bidding if it doesn't verify the actual ability to bid on my behalf? I must have fat-fingered the password after the ebay hack required me to change it.

IDK, maybe I'm wrong, but this seems like a ****** excuse to have not been able to bid. It's now going to cost me $15 more dollars to get the card I want (that's AFTER the free ebay $20 coupon).

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Now, I'll preface by saying that I assumed something, so I share blame.

But...

Wouldn't you think part of the service would be to notify you if there is an account-password conflict BEFORE it tries to launch the ******* bid? Like, what is it worth checking up on an auction 90 minutes before bidding if it doesn't verify the actual ability to bid on my behalf? I must have fat-fingered the password after the ebay hack required me to change it.

IDK, maybe I'm wrong, but this seems like a ****** excuse to have not been able to bid. It's now going to cost me $15 more dollars to get the card I want (that's AFTER the free ebay $20 coupon).

Same thing happened to me around the time of the ebay hack. I didnt know I had to change my password, and I had a bunch of snipes set. Lost them all. Oh well.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
www.gixen.com
ronco_rotisserie.jpg

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Gixen does the same thing - if you don't have your eBay password loaded correctly, it won't place the bid either. I know from experience. I doubt any snipe service pre-checks password accuracy, that's on the person setting the snipe. Maybe there's a service that does I don't know about.

The thing with gixen is that you can't log in to set up your ebay bid unless your ebay password is correct. So long as you don't change your ebay password after setting up a bid on gixen, it works every time (at least for me it has worked dozens of times without incident).

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
The thing with gixen is that you can't log in to set up your ebay bid unless your ebay password is correct. So long as you don't change your ebay password after setting up a bid on gixen, it works every time (at least for me it has worked dozens of times without incident).

That's what I thought was happening with esnipe. I guess not.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014

Technically this happened with ALL snipe services. Ebay reset EVERYONE's password, so any snipe account you had with your old ebay password wouldn't have worked. It wasn't esnipe that screwed you. It was eBay.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Sorry that happened to you. That is the worst feeling. At least it was not a 1/1 or a card you couldn't find another one of. I always use that saying fat-fingered and thought it was a saying I invented, lol. I took credit for it a few times during the Candy Crush craze.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Technically this happened with ALL snipe services. Ebay reset EVERYONE's password, so any snipe account you had with your old ebay password wouldn't have worked. It wasn't esnipe that screwed you. It was eBay.

I hear you; I just thought esnipe would be able to tell me and warn me before the actual bid was sent.

Members online