Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

what is good to have a pitcher sign

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I am a HUGE Carlton fan and yes he is coming around again this year. If i get the day off im on a road trip. Now. last year i had him sign a hat for me. This year i thought a bat But pitchers are not known for there batting. jerseys are cool but take up so much room.... I guess a ball or glove? What would you get autod?????

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Get a bat where he can inscribe some of his key stats. A lot of room for that on a nice black bat signed in silver Sharpie.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Thanks for the input guys. I am a huge 1980 world series Phillies collector and a bat with that inscription would be cool but i didnt think about a pitchers rubber. Here is the hat he signed last year:
steveCarltonautosperson002_zpsf9258f0c.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I always get pitchers on a ball and then maybe a photo or a program...maybe even a rookie card. Never a bat. But to each their own. Plenty of room on a ball for inscriptions.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
My first choice would be a ball on the sweet spot.

not a big fan of that anymore. I've picked up some baseballs with autos and they
are starting to fade so I've given up on adding signed balls to my collection and
only add balls if they are unique (like my 2007 Triple-A All-Star Game baseball
that I bought for the baseball and only after it came saw the Adam Jones
auto on it on the other panel but his auto is so faded you almost can't
see it).

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
not a big fan of that anymore. I've picked up some baseballs with autos and they
are starting to fade so I've given up on adding signed balls to my collection and
only add balls if they are unique (like my 2007 Triple-A All-Star Game baseball
that I bought for the baseball and only after it came saw the Adam Jones
auto on it on the other panel but his auto is so faded you almost can't
see it).

You use a OMLB and use blue ball point, they don't fade. At least not in our lifetime...

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I am a HUGE Carlton fan and yes he is coming around again this year. If i get the day off im on a road trip. Now. last year i had him sign a hat for me. This year i thought a bat But pitchers are not known for there batting. jerseys are cool but take up so much room.... I guess a ball or glove? What would you get autod?????

I'd go with a pineapple. Or a baseball.

Yeah, let's go with a baseball.

It's not like he's a pitcher or anything.

*dog face*

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
You use a OMLB and use blue ball point, they don't fade. At least not in our lifetime...

hmm, 2007 AAA All-Star Game baseball made by rawlings just like the officlal ball used in the game, Adam Jones auto in ball point pen, really faded. 2013 Dodgers logo'ed baseball (OTOMH I believe it was made by rawlings) with some dodger AFL prospect autos in ball point pen, starting to fade.

Unless rawlings super craps on the quality of minor league balls compared to OMLBs, I ain't buying everyone's statement about official balls and ball point and there will be no problems. I prefer a card or 8x10 photo since I"ve never had ink problems with those.

HumbleBob

Aug 2, 2009
1) A check made out to me
2) A pitching runnber. They are not that expensive and are different/cool to display.

Latest posts