Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The rise and fall of Daniel Bard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I got to see some of his problems live. Only know of him signing three items while here . Still not the hardest to get an auto from .

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Bard played here in the Hawaii Winter League in 2007 and was a fairly big prospect then. But he had just been moved to the bullpen after failing as a starter.
He always signed autographs and seemed like a nice guy.

Last edited:

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I thought Andrew Miller and Bard were going to be pitching studs - guess it's not meant to be even though Miller is still somewhat useful on a MLB roster.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
12_bard_3of5.png

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
Should have left him as a reliever......Trying to turn him into a starter is where it all started going wrong. It's probably more of a mental thing than his physical capabilities.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Sick card! Even though it's worthless :lol:

Should have left him as a reliever......Trying to turn him into a starter is where it all started going wrong. It's probably more of a mental thing than his physical capabilities.
I agree, he should have never been in a starting rotation. He was in the bullpen because he was a failed starter in the minors. I heard it was Bard and his agent getting him into the starting rotation. $$$ talks, but looking at it now he would have made a TON more money had he stayed in the bullpen. Sox would have paid him a lot of money to replace Papelbon. Good thing that never happened, he is a head case, as he never had anything wrong with him physically.

I remember when the Yanks couldn't sniff a hit off of him. He was the '96 Rivera of that Sox bullpen.
He was nasty. High 90's and then when the hitter was sitting fastball he would drop the slider that was incredibly tough to hit. He was fun to watch, but yeah I don't think we will ever see him in the bigs again.

Members online

Latest posts