Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees old timers day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
As always, really interesting.

Of course, there's the legends like Yogi and Whitey and Reggie and head scratchers Scott Bradley and Andy Phillips mixed in with stars/favs including O'Neill, Cone and Tino.

But it's weird to see guys who look like they should still be playing like Matsui and Damon.

Surprisingly, no Mariano, Posada or Bernie although it was really interesting to see Rickey Henderson and Buck Showalter be introduced.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I remember when they had the Equitable and B.A.T. Old Timers games that traveled to every ballpark.
I went to several at the old Arlington (Rangers) Stadium in the '80s and saw legends like DiMaggio, Mantle, Mays, Aaron, Feller, Banks, Gibson and other '30s-'70s legends play.
They always signed autographs before the game but I always just missed DiMaggio. He'd always only sign a few autographs.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Shouldnt it be OLD TIMERS day, not "players who shuld still be playing and players who you never heard of" day

not surprised. Yankees are destroying their franchise. The Monument Park used to just feature Yankee legends and now it just features Yankee good.

I"m really shocked with the Derek Jeter farewell tour that the Yankees spent some days to game promo players not named Jeter (Tino yesterday and Gossage today) rather than have those two days feature more Jeter giveaways such as Derek Jeter Fruit Basket Giveaway day to the first 20,000 women in attendance 18 and over. ;)

Members online