Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

what would you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I won a auction on e-bay (box break) the guy used a USPS shipping tracking code. The cards were supose to be here by the 2nd and nothing. buy tracking it seems it got to his post office and thats it. I sent him a message and he said he would look into it and never wrote back. Now it is almost a month since he sent them and still no cards. Id hate to leave a neg or nutral beacuse he did send them. How long should i wait before I e-mail him again about it before sounding rude?

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
This issue has come up for me several times in the past and the item has always eventually arrived, however sometimes it has taken months for that to happen. I would just let him know that you still haven't received the cards and while you don't mind being patient for the cards after 1 month you would either like a refund or the cards. I always say something like "how about if the cards don't arrive after July 2nd I would like a refund and if they eventually arrive I will re-send you the payment via paypal" Once I did get a refund and like a month later the cards came, I did go back and repay the seller. Anyways hopefully they will agree with this and if July 2nd comes and you still haven't gotten the cards I write another e-mail and say in two days I'm going to open a dispute. If you don't get a refund or your cards by then I would have no problem leaving a negative. This is probably being way over generous and you are within your rights to want a refund now and to repay if the cards arrive but to answer your original question I would say you can e-mail him now and try and get an update, if it isn't satisfactory either open a dispute or give him more time it's your choice

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I won a auction on e-bay (box break) the guy used a USPS shipping tracking code. The cards were supose to be here by the 2nd and nothing. buy tracking it seems it got to his post office and thats it. I sent him a message and he said he would look into it and never wrote back. Now it is almost a month since he sent them and still no cards.

I'd just about kiss your cards goodbye and say you got ripped off.

Just because there is a USPS tracking number doesn't mean squat. You can generate a tracking number without having to mail anything. I would only consider the package shipped if you see a USPS acceptance hit on the tracking number or a hit from one of the sorting centers along the way from the shipper to you.

Since it's been 30 days and it sounds like nothing showing up in the tracking, if it were me, my rule is open a buers protection case because it's been 30 days with nothing received and usually 2 weeks since I would have made an email inquiry about shipping that usually gets sellers to ship an item.

If there was an acceptance or sorting center hit, you'll just have to wait it out another week or two (but not too long or you lose your ability to open a case if you wait too long). The USPS has lost its "service" this year - 2-3 day first class mail taking 7-10 days and collection boxes near me picking up at noon instead of 5pm like they had for years. How am I suppose to mail a letter after my mail arrives at 3pm or an online order comes in around 3pm and I want to do a quick turnaround?

Last edited:

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I'd just about kiss your cards goodbye and say you got ripped off.

Just because there is a USPS tracking number doesn't mean squat. You can generate a tracking number without having to mail anything. I would only consider the package shipped if you see a USPS acceptance hit on the tracking number or a hit from one of the sorting centers along the way from the shipper to you.

Since it's been 30 days and it sounds like nothing showing up in the tracking, if it were me, my rule is open a buers protection case because it's been 30 days with nothing received and usually 2 weeks since I would have made an email inquiry about shipping that usually gets sellers to ship an item.

If there was an acceptance or sorting center hit, you'll just have to wait it out another week or two (but not too long or you lose your ability to open a case if you wait too long). The USPS has lost its "service" this year - 2-3 day first class mail taking 7-10 days and collection boxes near me picking up at noon instead of 5pm like they had for years. How am I suppose to mail a letter after my mail arrives at 3pm or an online order comes in around 3pm and I want to do a quick turnaround?

The number shows it was droped off and went through one of the post offices near him and thats it..... I have delt with him before too and all was good then...

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
This issue has come up for me several times in the past and the item has always eventually arrived, however sometimes it has taken months for that to happen. I would just let him know that you still haven't received the cards and while you don't mind being patient for the cards after 1 month you would either like a refund or the cards. I always say something like "how about if the cards don't arrive after July 2nd I would like a refund and if they eventually arrive I will re-send you the payment via paypal" Once I did get a refund and like a month later the cards came, I did go back and repay the seller. Anyways hopefully they will agree with this and if July 2nd comes and you still haven't gotten the cards I write another e-mail and say in two days I'm going to open a dispute. If you don't get a refund or your cards by then I would have no problem leaving a negative. This is probably being way over generous and you are within your rights to want a refund now and to repay if the cards arrive but to answer your original question I would say you can e-mail him now and try and get an update, if it isn't satisfactory either open a dispute or give him more time it's your choice

yea. I have had things take a long time too but this with tracking is crazy....

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Value shouold have nothing to do with it. i bought somethng from someone and I want what I bought. Should not matter if it was a quater or 100 bucks...
Ok? I'm sorry to state the obvious but if the card is worth quarters, why the hell would you start a thread about it? If it's worth $10,000 then I think value would have A LOT to do about it. Clearly, depending on value, there are other options you can take but I don't think advising you to go to the police over something worth quarters is really wise haha. Sorry if you thought my simple question to your post was out of line.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I've had this happen a few times now. Just file a claim and repay if they show back up. I think what happens is it gets to the PO and it slips in between something or under something and they find it weeks later and then send it on it's way. It's the only reason I can think of for the delay.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Ok? I'm sorry to state the obvious but if the card is worth quarters, why the hell would you start a thread about it? If it's worth $10,000 then I think value would have A LOT to do about it. Clearly, depending on value, there are other options you can take but I don't think advising you to go to the police over something worth quarters is really wise haha. Sorry if you thought my simple question to your post was out of line.

I started a thread about it beacuse i was wondering what people whould do in this case. The topic was not about value but what would you do if you paid for something and never got it. If you dont mind paying people money and not getting what you paid for then fine. Who said anything about going to the cops???????? I just asked a opinion. thats all....I didnt think your question was out of line just it has nothing to do with the situation. WOuld you walk inot a store pay for a cup of coffie and walk out without it and go "Oh well".....

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I started a thread about it beacuse i was wondering what people whould do in this case. The topic was not about value but what would you do if you paid for something and never got it. If you dont mind paying people money and not getting what you paid for then fine. Who said anything about going to the cops???????? I just asked a opinion. thats all....I didnt think your question was out of line just it has nothing to do with the situation. WOuld you walk inot a store pay for a cup of coffie and walk out without it and go "Oh well".....

Let me put this simply for you...

IMO the value of the item you were "robbed" of, has everything to do with how I would give you guidance for what to do.

If it was cards worth quarters, then that's one situation but if it's cards worth $10,000 then that's an entirely different situation. On one hand you can email and stuff but at some point you'll give it up for quarters. If it's worth thousands, then that's different and I would advise you to take different means.

I don't know why my question caused such a stir. I can't give you advise for what to do if I don't know the general value. I would hope you don't lose sleep over quarters but I would lose sleep for you over thousands.

Honestly, if it's worth a few buck, stop wasting your time, file for a refund and keep moving. If it's worth a lot of money, that's different and I'd try other avenues to get the money back. If the cards are worth thousands, then I'd go all out for the money or cards back, period. Value does matter.

For your sake, I hope you get your cards back and put the story to rest.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Let me put this simply for you...

IMO the value of the item you were "robbed" of, has everything to do with how I would give you guidance for what to do.

If it was cards worth quarters, then that's one situation but if it's cards worth $10,000 then that's an entirely different situation. On one hand you can email and stuff but at some point you'll give it up for quarters. If it's worth thousands, then that's different and I would advise you to take different means.

I don't know why my question caused such a stir. I can't give you advise for what to do if I don't know the general value. I would hope you don't lose sleep over quarters but I would lose sleep for you over thousands.

Honestly, if it's worth a few buck, stop wasting your time, file for a refund and keep moving. If it's worth a lot of money, that's different and I'd try other avenues to get the money back. If the cards are worth thousands, then I'd go all out for the money or cards back, period. Value does matter.

For your sake, I hope you get your cards back and put the story to rest.

I know what you are saying. If someone rips you off for not much money turn your back and let them get away with it. But if its worth alot then go after them. IMO if anyone scams anyone for any amount of money they should pay. But to each there own....

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I know what you are saying. If someone rips you off for not much money turn your back and let them get away with it. But if its worth alot then go after them. IMO if anyone scams anyone for any amount of money they should pay. But to each there own....

and I agree with you but there are varying extents I'd advise you to go too if it were quarters or thousands of dollars. It's really about what you're fighting for. If it's a one of a kind piece, then can't just give it up. If it's a box of commons, then you're fighting for the premise of not letting some jerk screw you.

Listen, I'm with you. Was just trying to better understand the situation.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Members online

Latest posts