Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is anyone looking forward to Allen & Ginter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
I really loved A&G when it first came out. I definitely don't buy as many boxes anymore. I think this year's is kind of interesting. Skeletons, Snoop Dog, etc. Is anyone excited about the release or is it dying out? What if prospects were in the checklist heavier?

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
No to prospects in A&G. There are enough prospect based sets every year. A&G is the product I buy a box of every year and build the base set...can't wait.

Johnny G

Sep 29, 2008
Jersey Shore
I think I'd be 50/50 on prospects. Maybe that's what drew me to it to begin with. I always thought it was a fun break. Plus it always releases around my birthday, so the wife knows what to get me.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I know I am likely in the minority here, but this is one of my least favorite releases each year. It just does not appeal to me.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Is anyone excited about the release or is it dying out?

I'm so-so about A&G. It seems so S.O.S. that it should be done away with, but then again I tend to like the non-baseball base card subjects and sometimes the oddball stuff like the balloon boy balloon swatch and the frisbee dog disc swatch cards.

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
I usually buy one or two boxes a year. This year I purchased a case. My first case ever. Hopefully there will be some McGwires in the mix.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
heh - just looked at the preliminary checklist, specifically at Dodgers. Bill Buckner is in, Matt Kemp is out. He's dropped a long way ever since Mr. Braun fraudulently won the MVP. ;)

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
I know I am likely in the minority here, but this is one of my least favorite releases each year. It just does not appeal to me.

A&G seems tired to me. In trying to keep it with that classic look it has become too bland and same looking from year to year. Not interested.

I agree with both of these sentiments. I think A&G is really an awful product and I'll never bust a box of it. I bust baseball cards for that reason. For BASEBALL. I can't stand getting all these weird inserts (man in hats, circus people, animals, and whatever else.) And the worst IMO is that every single year A&G looks almost identical. At least moreso than any other product. I think it should be scrapped but so many people love it (and i'll never understand why.)

Good luck to everyone busting it!

Members online