Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone remember/ still use these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
A box straight from the late 80s early 90s!

Card saver 2 semi rigid holders.

I use these for my $1 cards and game used cards in my store.

Anyone else here use them?

Last edited:

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I use them all the time for shipping, especially if it's a single card or sticker in a PWE. Card savers are flexible and not going to tear thru an envelope like a top loader, but tough enough to prevent all but the worst creases (which would likely demolish a top loader anyway).

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Meant to post the box from long ago

Attachments

• 1403740344168.jpg
    1403740344168.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 66

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
I am going to bump this. I am working on collecting all the Indians team sets from 52-present. For the newer sets, would you just throw them in these? I guess I could use toploader=penny sleeve system, but that is going to get a little pricey. This is a lot of cards to store. Thoughts?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I used to love those. But they have an obvious oily residue inside that softens the plastic (you can see a rainbow oil slick in the light) similar to the old MVP vinyl 9-pocket pages from the '80s that they discontinued because of the PVC oils.

I know a lot of stubborn vintage collectors still use them, but I'm not taking a chance that the oily substance could damage any expensive cards.
For dollar or bargain box cards, they're fine. Just nothing valuable.

Last edited:

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I use card saver 1's they are a little bigger but they fit great in the double rowed shoe boxes. I like that they are a lot thinner than a top loader so you can store many more cards in the same space, I've never had an issue with oily residue.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I never liked any semi-rigid holders. Some of them would slice your fingers too because of the thin sharp plastic! Soft sleeves or top loaders for me. I really liked the one screw cases when they first hit, but they were too expensive to hold any decent quantity of cards.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Thought they where still used for shipping cards to BGS for grading.

I used them as a kid in the 90s for my better cards that I didn't keep in binders.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
I am going to bump this. I am working on collecting all the Indians team sets from 52-present. For the newer sets, would you just throw them in these? I guess I could use toploader=penny sleeve system, but that is going to get a little pricey. This is a lot of cards to store. Thoughts?

I would go with penny sleeve/top loader. You can get top loaders for as little as $1.25 (UltrPro) for 25 and penny sleeves for, well, a penny! So you can do some of the vintage teams sets for under $2.00. Do them as you get them and spread the cost of top loaders out over the course of collecting!

Are you going to do all brands or just Topps? I can see where the late 80's and all of the 90's teams sets, top loaders/sleeves would be pricey if you were to do a team set for all of them as well.

Fordman

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts