Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Redemptions - Any way to tell they weren't redeemed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Pretty simple question but is there a way to tell if a specific redemption card was never created or redeemed by Topps afterall?

As a specific example, for Albert Belle, the 2012 Topps Archives Originals Autograph /5 has never surfaced for me to acquire... but I have seen a picture of one of the redemption cards pulled on another board and it wasn't for sale. Is there any way for me to see that this card was never created or redeemed and people who got the redemption card had to get a replacement card sent to them?

Man redemptions are such a pain in the a$$

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Other than actually seeing the card, I can't imagine there's a way to tell.

I say this because I had a couple of different Pedro Alvarez cards that Topps never made. When they sent me the replacements, they marked the Alvarez cards as "shipped" on their redemption site, just like all of the other cards that they made and sent me.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I wonder if you call Topps if they'd tell you that some of the redemptions have been sent replacements, essentially not being redeemed? Doubt it... god redemptions piss me off. I'd rather just know it was never created.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Topps would NEVER do it because it'd expose how terrible it really is but if they had on the Redemption site a list of all redemption cards and the status of each, that's be SO helpful. They could even share how many have been sent out, etc. Or if it's been replaced, etc. They could do that because you know they have this available internally but they'd NEVER do it.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Topps customer service is a couple people in an office. The cards are spread out around the country. The people in the office only know what they're told. They don't care, they don't know, they don't care to know about anything else. While there surely is a person in the company somewhere who knows what's been made, what's in the process of being made, what's about to ship, what's never going to be made, etc., for some reason that person and that information is inaccessible.

Members online

Latest posts