Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Did Morneau lose himself the MVP tonight?

Who is MVP in the American League?

• Justin Morneau

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
0-3 with a K and a shot at leading his team into the playoffs. Does anyone else think he opened the door for Pedroia? Ballots have to be in tomorrow, so maybe a lot of voters waited for tonight game to end.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
MallCopKJ said:
0-3 with a K and a shot at leading his team into the playoffs. Does anyone else think he opened the door for Pedroia? Ballots have to be in tomorrow, so maybe a lot of voters waited for tonight game to end.

I hate to say it, but it is in pedroia's hands now.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I should have said ahead of time, im not being a jerk to Twins fans, or Morneau fans. Just seeing what you guys think.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
nikateen said:
He lost the MVP when September started.

10 for his last 59 with the playoffs on the line...

Completely let the team down in the the one game playoff (along with Mauer)...

He should have absolutely ZERO chance at the MVP award.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
MallCopKJ said:
I should have said ahead of time, im not being a jerk to Twins fans, or Morneau fans. Just seeing what you guys think.

Plus you love Pedroia lol :lol:

Great player.... just will never agree with him recieving MVP.

Does not matter if your team is in the playoffs, that is not what the MVP is based on.

HE IS AN AWESOME!!! player but facts are he leads no major category, yes plays a great 2B and very good for his team! but then how can you look past YOUK also with his numbers. He has carried the Sox too right?

EDIT:
Yes I know he leads some categories but not in the major one's such as HR/RBI/SB/AVG..... Yes someone will mention somethings that he leads in but I believe the MVP has to have a hand in HR/RBI/AVG too.

I mean lets be serious, in a different town would he be getting as much love?

That is just my opinion, Thanks.

Shep. :geek:

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
No, not tonight. His splits for both August and September were lacking. Pedroia will probably win. It was Quentin award, until he broke his wrist.

Alex

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Arod's OPS is statistically the best in the league (Bradley plays in the hitter friendly Texas and has not played that many games). 100+ Runs, 100+ RBI, 116 RC, while playing gold glove defense at 3rd. I will take Arod over Cabrerea, whose OPS is nealy 90 points south of AROD, while playing sub par defense at 1st.

che stadium

Aug 16, 2008
Pedroia should win it hands down. Led the AL in Runs, Doubles and Hits (albeit tied with Ichiro, a feat in itself) and second in batting average. I think that hits and runs are a pretty important stat. Someone mentioned Youkilis who I didn't consider until I looked at the stats. Add on the intangibles that Youk adds to the team, I wouldn't mind if he won.

Morneau won't win after they banned Canadians from ever winning the MVP award again.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
soccerman034 said:
Arod's OPS is statistically the best in the league (Bradley plays in the hitter friendly Texas and has not played that many games). 100+ Runs, 100+ RBI, 116 RC, while playing gold glove defense at 3rd. I will take Arod over Cabrerea, whose OPS is nealy 90 points south of AROD, while playing sub par defense at 1st.

Why not Youkilis? Virtually the same totals (and OPS) and played on a playoff team.

Now before you prove to me that Arod hit better under a full moon in Wednesday night home games(and you know how much I love stats), let's keep it simple as we know writers won't delve TOO deeply into the statistics.

I personally think the AL MVP makes for a better debate than Ryan Howard vs. Albert Pujols.

Members online

Latest posts