Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any experts or very knowledgable people on the 2002 Just Minors issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I am trying to get more information on the gold bordered autographed cards, numbered to 100. Anyone know how they were distributed? I don't see very many for sale on ebay like this single below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Justif...1512201002?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3ce357832a

My 2009 Standard catalog indicates there were 100 autographed gold bordered sets that were randomly inserted into packs. However, I am asking this question because a near set sold recently that were all numbered the same (48/100). I find it nearly impossible for someone to have collected all but a couple of the same serial number in a 100 card issue and then sell the near set as a group, almost certainly taking a huge loss if that were the case. It would seem that entire sets were either sold/given to people or backdoored perhaps.

There are a number of popular players in that set that were collected fairly heavy in recent times, so I assume someone here has done more research on the subject than what I could find from some web searches.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I can't seem to find it, but I did see an auction where someone had the entire run of a particular Josh Hamilton Just base parallel (I think it was a Black /50). These clearly didn't come from packs, the seller somehow got them all together. Didn't Just sell many of their cards direct through their website? Could be someone bought the whole run at once, or, possibly, there was some backdoor action going on.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
I'm not sure exactly how Just Minors worked (works?), although I think they sold both packs and, perhaps, individual cards. A couple of dealers seem to have large quantities of rare JM cards, which I believe came from buying out their inventory some years ago. It's thus possible that even if some cards weren't sold individually in 2002, they were kept by JM and then sold in non-random groupings later on.

Stone of the rare JM cards I own were purchased individually, though most of mine have come in larger deals. It's also possible that many of the individual sales were originally sourced from one of the small number of large JM dealers. One dealer in particular had all 8 Jonny Gomes 1/1s from 2002 Just Minors products.

I've been looking for the 2002 Just Prospects Prototypes Jonny Gomes #JPP17 for years---it's the only Gomes RC I don't have. I have the gold parallel, and am not convinced that a base version exists.

Members online

Latest posts