Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My first ever BGS submission!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
First off, thanks to Ryan Sever for subbing these for me.

This is my first time submitting to BGS. In fact, I've only submitted vintage. I'm clueless about modern. I went over these with a 10x lou...just kidding. I spent like 2 minutes looking over all of them.

12 cards. I was hoping for 50% 9.5's. That's reasonable for my first time, right? There were also four specific cards that I really wanted 9.5's on.

I'll get the boring stuff out of the way first
5a50t0.jpg

Thought the Meadows could gem, and I kinda wanted to start a green type set. No dice. Oh well. Also subbed a Binford gold ref auto that gemmed. Traded it to Ryan for the other 3. Needed a 2007 prospect blue, the Romero is a slight upgrade from my Jeff ******* Niemann blue. The Williams is for my Marlins collection.

15ocvit.jpg

Two gems, I expected both

15fkxag.jpg

The Super is one of the four I hoped would gem. It looked like a guarantee. Also hoping for a 9.5/9 on the auto. Got a 9/9. Oh well. I think I have a 9.5/10 gem anyway, so I'll crack this and put it with my raw autos

Here's where it gets fun
2vnqg3q.jpg

I was hoping for one of these to gem since I collect Trout 9.5's. I was hoping one would be 4x 9.5 to match some others I have. Both were quad 9.5's. sweet!

2hqt46x.jpg

This is where I got scared. I hoped the Puig would gem but didn't think there was a chance in hell the others would. Surprise! All three are 9.5's. This will probably convince me to do a Topps Chrome blue set as well. Oh, and the Puig is 66/99 (jersey#). I now have the green draft, blue BC, and blue draft all 66/***. Also have the 1/35 Black

And finally, the ONE card I absolutely wanted to gem was a rare insert I bought from Burbank that's now 17 years old. I've owned it for years, I've dropped it, I've set it out without a holder and tossed stuff on it, and generally abused it. I had no clue how to determine the grade, other than a scratch I could see. Didn't think it would EVER gem. It did😎
Without further adieu, still my favorite Marlins card of my favorite Marlins player, now in a nice gold slab. It's a 1/1
2hgbnmr.jpg

So out of 12 cards, 9 gemmed. Two of those were cards I cared little about. The Super was a bummer, but it's not like I can find another (stamped 1/1) 2013 TC super. And 3 out of 4 I wanted to gem are now sitting in gold slabs. Not bad! I believe my guess was 7/12 gems and 2/4 of the big ones.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
It's pretty incredible to think that Jeff Conine was being abused in the spokes of your bike wheel, the edges got all messed up and it still got that wonderful grade. ;)

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
Nice looking cards. For most of the ones you sent BGS seems to be the way to go. I myself prefer PSA and I probably would have sent the Trout and the Conine to them. Nice cards regardless and it looks like you have a good eye for picking quality cards for grading.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Great news on the Conine, pretty surprised that it wasn't affected more by all that "alone" time you two have had...:cool:

And keep posting 'dem Blues!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
That Conine is awesome. And I love how bright the blue is on the Puig. Great cards and congrats on the awesome grades.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Moderator, could you please strip out the profanity? All of us with even a minimum of civility would thank you for it. Just a crying shame.

We aren't here to baby sit Jeff. I don't use that kind of language, and I really don't like reading it. However this is an adult board where we are mature enough to ignore things we don't necessarily like.

Members online