Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trade deadline rumors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Been hearing early rumors on Toronto sports talk radio regarding what the Jays will do between now and the trade deadline. Since they're still clinging to first place they're being considered buyers, with starting pitching being a priority (who doesn't have SP as a priority?).

Jeff Samardzija had been talked about since Spring Training, but he'd slot in at the back of the rotation. A more interesting scenario I've been hearing is David Price from Tampa Bay in a package that would include Ben Zobrist. They'd get a front-of-the-rotation starter and a pretty good player who could stabilize the infield (because Kawasaki is not any type of solution). In return the Jays could offer prospects including Marcus Strohman, Dalton Pompey, and Daniel Norris (the latter two will be playing in the All Star Futures Game).

Always an interesting time of year as names and trade rumors start to surface. What's happening in other markets?

- Rodrick

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
So far, it sounds like the Blue Jays are going to be the most active. I think they're a little cautious of trading away prospects now though, since they've traded away a ton of good prospects to the Mets and Marlins last year. Syndergaard, D'Arnoud, Nicolino, DeScalfani, Marisnick, and some other I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Members online