Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOF autos on the rise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Most HOF'ers autos stand pat until they die or some other life changing
incident. Post what guys are on the rise. It actually is kind of strange because
you can watch the same auto sell for the same amount year after year.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Are you talking about general signings prices or just the ones released in packs?

My question as well. Not sure about all cards but I honestly think it's been getting cheaper to pick up random HOF certified autos. I'm sure there are some certain sets that command a premium but nothing that hasn't done so for a while anyways.

As for show prices, those have gone up so insanely high the guy damn near has to be your favorite player to justify even half the price. There's some guys who can be had cheaply but once you get them, you've got nothing but an uphill climb.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I've seen a little rise and fall seen depending on player and circumstances. On card autos have risen, newer issue/manufactured sp autos start ridiculously high. Players I've seen rise for no reason:
Killebrew, aaron, mays, Koufax, Puckett, certain Schmidt and Ryan for some reason.
As a whole a bunch have fallen because with each release there's more,
Seaver, Carlton, sutter and a handful of others. Depends on the card really, but the "big" names are the ones I've noticed a rise in

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It's a segment that people easily find their way into collecting, so the demand seems to remain steady or increasing at times. When they are cheap, HOF collectors will pick up more.

I find it interesting that the ***** League autos seem to have caught fire. You can see a guy listed on a 3x5 and you know very little about him because records are sparse or he just wasn't anything more than a "common" and the prices still can take off. The recent sets that highlighted the league helped, but there have been ***** league sets issued here and there for darn near 40+ years now.

George K

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
Maybe this has to do with the prices that HOFers charge now at shows - all of them seem to be charging a ton more. Maybe HOF collecters and newbies are seeing that collecting certified auto cards is much more practical and economical than paying $50-$150 to get a baseball signed when you can get the cards for so much less.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts