Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps hires Susan Lulgjuraj

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
New baseball card editor, just read on Twitter.
Formerly Beckett writer.

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
New baseball card editor, just read on Twitter.
Formerly Beckett writer.

wait, I thought Beckett was hiring! ;)

I'm glad she has a job (or gets to continue having a job) but I'm not glad it's going to be writing propaganda for Topps rather than for Beckett.

yanxchick

Dec 5, 2009
wait, I thought Beckett was hiring! ;)

I'm glad she has a job (or gets to continue having a job) but I'm not glad it's going to be writing propaganda for Topps rather than for Beckett.

Thanks, everyone!

FYI, I not writing anything for Topps. Not sure what you think I will be doing, but it's not that.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Congratulations! What will be some of your responsibilities?
DANNY

I'll try guess #2 since I blew it the first time with "baseball card editor" meaning writing up positive articles about topps and topps products.

My guess #2 for "baseball card editor" - likely sooz will write up the neat facts and blurbs on the card backs when a player has a short enough career so far to include those. ;) I wonder if she'll even be going as far as proofreading cards once the proof mockups have been created. She might even help the brand manager with compiling the checklist.

yanxchick

Dec 5, 2009
I won't be writing backs. But I will be doing editing, proofing, and helping to create baseball card products.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I won't be writing backs. But I will be doing editing, proofing, and helping to create baseball card products.

Congrats. I have to say that most people on here would consider that a dream job. As you know, Topps is often the target for some frank criticism, some deserved, some not. But it is clear that they have taken steps to improve some key processes (bring redemptions fulfillment in house, publish player signings on a weekly basis, etc.). I am sure that this is a another step in the right direction. Good luck.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Hopefully you can knock some sense into their baseball lines.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
FYI, I not writing anything for Topps. Not sure what you think I will be doing, but it's not that.

I thought you were gonna be in charge of the new annual Kevin Kouzmanoff Set!

And Congrats ma'am!

I hope you enjoy the new job and can soon get back to reversing AC's revenue dips...:cool:

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Congrats on the new job! It is nice to see someone on the hobby inside views these forums. While a lot of people have many bad things to say about Topps, including me, you are new there so do not take them personally. We ALL hope you can do something, anything to help their products out. Even the smallest of improvements, would be a step in the right direction. They are losing their luster.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts