Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WE need to loose the term 'Rainbow'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Hi All,

Sorry, I have a hard time using the term 'rainbow' when it come to my cards. Maybe it's just me, but its doesnt sound manly or like a term that should be used in card collecting. Maybe if we were collecting beenie babies or barbie dolls or something like that but not cards.

How 'bout we use prism or spectrum or something like that.

Why not "Hey, I just completed my player color spectrum" or 'Hey, my player prism is coming along nicely" or "multi-colored parallel is completed".

I just cant stand the rainbow term when it come to cards. It's right up there with sick and nasty being used for card terms.

What says you?

Fordman

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
How about a baseball term. Cycle. It basically means one of each type of hit, so why not one of each type of card.

I'd also rather hear the someone "hit for the cycle" when they completed their card run, then to hear them say "look at my rainbow".

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
How about a baseball term. Cycle. It basically means one of each type of hit, so why not one of each type of card.

I'd also rather hear the someone "hit for the cycle" when they completed their card run, then to hear them say "look at my rainbow".

I see a joke in there somewhere...:D
"I just got my cycle." Hmmm....

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
I have never once consider my hobby of collecting baseball cards 'manly,' but I would say rainbow is better than anything else

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I don't mind it, it's the perfect name.

Can we stop saying "paper" when referring to bowman please!

Bowman is Bowman
Bowman chrome is bowman chrome.
Really easy.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
No issues with it here. I'm secure in myself that using a word like "rainbow" pertaining to my pieces of cardboard/paper/whatever that contain photos of males primarily younger than me, some of whom probably still have issues growing facial hair, isn't going to make me worry about my manliness.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I like rainbows
gay-unicorn-rainbow-pee.jpg

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Your eBay name is DrSchlong and you're complaining about inappropriate collecting terms?

Kinda funny with the ebay name: It was a shared ebay account with a friend who was in medical school to be a Urologist. He did graduate medical and is very successful Urologist. I just havent ever made another ebay name because of the feedback.

Fordman

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I don't mind it, it's the perfect name.

Can we stop saying "paper" when referring to bowman please!

Bowman is Bowman
Bowman chrome is bowman chrome.
Really easy.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Could not agree more!

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
If you complete a set with all base and inserts it is called a master set correct?

If you complete a player checklist (i.e. rainbow) I call it a master player set.

Members online

Latest posts