Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What I did on my vacation.....post some photos....lets see where everyone went or did!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Post your photos of where you went, what you did and who you met. Lets see those vacation photos guys.

As for me, I went back to see a friend who still works for the Chicago Cubs. I worked with him while with the team 20+ years ago and we hung out at Murphy's Bleachers, across from Wrigley's bleacher gate for lunch. MY wife was with and had never been "inside" the ball park like I had when I worked there so my friend took us on a spur of the moment tour. It was great to relive memories, catch up with old friends (many still were there from when I worked with the team) and have my wife experience Wrigley Field in a way so few others get to.

The team was out of town so, besides the tour that was going on in another part of the park and some construction workers, we had the place to ourselves.

I am the big guy on the right....no fat jokes! LOL. I have actually lost nearly 75 pounds in the last year and am losing more.
meandrandy_zps1feb3ed8.jpg

randysharon_zps64843fd5.jpg

wrigley_zps46c48424.jpg

wrigleyscoreboard_zps90045976.jpg

wrigleyclub_zpseb4f00e5.jpg

This is the players lounge and it is cramped! When I worked for the team this used to be the work out room.
wrigley2_zps0574d953.jpg

wrigley1_zps1c9ed24c.jpg

wrigleyclub2_zps1f2ead4f.jpg

wrigleysharon3_zpsf2703deb.jpg

sharonandharry_zps6ad35062.jpg

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Great pictures! Boy, the lounge and locker room are both really cramped. I would have thought they'd be much bigger with 30+ players and coaches walking around.

And related to the Cubs and your time with the team many years ago, the Sports Illustrated that came out today has Ernie Banks on the cover for the "Where are they now?" issue.

I haven't been on vacation since December, so no pictures from me.

mchenrycards

Great pictures! Boy, the lounge and locker room are both really cramped. I would have thought they'd be much bigger with 30+ players and coaches walking around.

And related to the Cubs and your time with the team many years ago, the Sports Illustrated that came out today has Ernie Banks on the cover for the "Where are they now?" issue.

I haven't been on vacation since December, so no pictures from me.

The clubhouse was brand new in 1984 and was cramped even then. The lounge is not even the size of the average American's living room and just crazy to think this is where players can escape the media as there is just no room for more than five or six guys in there at one time. The renovations the team is trying to get passed through the city planning commission calls for a HUGE clubhouse with batting cages and other facilities the team desperately needs. I think it is safe to say this current clubhouse will become the grounds crews clubhouse when the team builds their new facilities within the next few years.

I saw that SI was coming out with Banks on the cover. I am going to have to find a copy of that.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Nice pictures.Aren't they going to move the bullpens under the bleachers too?I some some mock up of the renovation, and that's one of the big changes I noticed.

mchenrycards

Nice pictures.Aren't they going to move the bullpens under the bleachers too?I some some mock up of the renovation, and that's one of the big changes I noticed.

That was one of the proposals but honestly, I was down there yesterday where the proposal was going to put the bullpens and I dont see it happening without a great deal of renovation in a section of the ball park they just spent millions to renovate. The newest proposal, which has up to seven new signs/scoreboards going up behind the bleachers as well as hiding the bullpens under the bleachers is just bluster in my opinion, designed to get the roof top owners to bend and not sue the team. From the news I heard today it looks like that is exactly what is happening.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Awesome photos. Very cool to be able to see the locker rooms.

For Memorial Day I went to visit my cousin in Boston

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404441270.608481.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404441298.670454.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404441401.590143.jpg
A lot of graveyards in boston

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404441480.606042.jpg
Boston massacre sight

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404441532.125676.jpg
Paul revere house

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404441570.490339.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404441596.402674.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404441618.769295.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404441642.742253.jpg

Day before the game took a Fenway tour
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404441671.654197.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404442003.888111.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404442023.838585.jpg
Top of monster

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404442067.353917.jpg
IU baseball sighting! inside press box. Jake stahl (dead center) coached indiana in 1907.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404442160.305571.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404442177.041598.jpg
The red seat

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404442206.738367.jpg
Ted Williams game used

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404442234.455181.jpg
Babe Ruth game used

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404442268.156076.jpg
They have a team signed ball of every WS team. This is 1927.

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404442356.189782.jpg
Finally got to see my favorite player in a game

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404442408.235341.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404442437.671658.jpg

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404442544.638388.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
That was one of the proposals but honestly, I was down there yesterday where the proposal was going to put the bullpens and I dont see it happening without a great deal of renovation in a section of the ball park they just spent millions to renovate. The newest proposal, which has up to seven new signs/scoreboards going up behind the bleachers as well as hiding the bullpens under the bleachers is just bluster in my opinion, designed to get the roof top owners to bend and not sue the team. From the news I heard today it looks like that is exactly what is happening.

That is one of the things I am glad to see gone with all the newer parks (except Giants park for some odd reason) is the bullpens are no longer in the field of play.I have no idea why the Giants decided to put the bullpens in the field of play in their newer park.Just an uneccessary injury risk to me.That is a real mess the Ricketts and those rooftop owners have to hash out.The Cubs own the park, so to me, they should be able to do whatever they want.Sucks for the rooftop owners, but that's just business.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Nice behind the scenes access to Wrigley!

We took a trip to Orlando, FL back in April and hit Universal Studios, St. Augustine and then took a 3 day Disney cruise to the Bahamas/Disney Castaway Cay (private Disney island). We went to the Atlantis water park, which is at a huge tourist resort while there in Nassau (it was only a partial day port visit). I also connected with an old Navy buddy who was on my submarine who lives near Orlando now. Other than that, it was about family fun. No sports related fun, although my oldest boy would have been thrilled to see the Magic or Heat.

i just picked out a couple shots to represent the trip, as i kn ow nobody wants to see all my vacation shots.

mchenrycards

Great photos....both are places I have on my bucket list to go to some day. I want to see Boston because of the incredible amount of history and, of course to see a game at Fenway and Florida....well lets just say after this past Winter in Wisconsin, Florida is a welcome change.

Thanks for posting guys.....lets hope others keep them coming.

mchenrycards

That is one of the things I am glad to see gone with all the newer parks (except Giants park for some odd reason) is the bullpens are no longer in the field of play.I have no idea why the Giants decided to put the bullpens in the field of play in their newer park.Just an uneccessary injury risk to me.That is a real mess the Ricketts and those rooftop owners have to hash out.The Cubs own the park, so to me, they should be able to do whatever they want.Sucks for the rooftop owners, but that's just business.

Well there is a little matter of a contract the Cubs signed with the rooftop owners that will last for I believe 18 more years that promises the roof top owners the Cubs wont block their views in return for a percentage of their profits coming back to the Cubs. That is the sticking point right now but there is a report tonight in the Chicago Tribune that the owners have agreed not to sue the team if the team limits the amount of signs in the outfield. So maybe there is some progress here after all.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...cubs-if-only-2-signs-20140703,0,1475215.story

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Went to the Outer Banks last week, don't have a lot of photos, cuz mostly, all we did was hang out in the pool and drink, but here are a few

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404445744.303292.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404445780.825596.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1404445799.942504.jpg

My shark, a shark at the aquarium, and me fishing

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Well there is a little matter of a contract the Cubs signed with the rooftop owners that will last for I believe 18 more years that promises the roof top owners the Cubs wont block their views in return for a percentage of their profits coming back to the Cubs. That is the sticking point right now but there is a report tonight in the Chicago Tribune that the owners have agreed not to sue the team if the team limits the amount of signs in the outfield. So maybe there is some progress here after all.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busin...cubs-if-only-2-signs-20140703,0,1475215.story

I'm no lawyer, but don't see why Cubs signed contract in the first place.They own the park, not someone else.I would think just one sign would be an obstruction, and hurt the rooftop owners, but whatever.And aren't the Cubs taking their games off WGN next year?I have watched my team play Scrubs on WGN many a time, don't like the way a lot of these new TV deals are going.

Members online

No members online now.