Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How Often Do You Bust Wax?

How Often Do You Bust Wax?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
I thought it would be an interesting poll. I used to bust wax all the time, but havn't in about a year and half. What about you?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Good poll.

I used to bust a lot of wax back when I didn't have a personal collection, but I haven't bought any wax in quite a while. I have busted some packs here and there and a blaster or two that I got for Chirstmas/Bday butother than that I have pretty much stop busting wax. It's a lot funner buying singles....you get what you want everytime. :)

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Very seldom....Every year I get a case or Allen and Ginter...then a few boxes here there that have andruw's photo on it

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Finally a thread about this!!! I thought I was the only one!!!!!
Shakespeare_1.jpg
turtlewax2.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I was busting boxes and boxes for a while but I eventually ran out of things to trade for them so only once every few months now.I actually trade with a dealer who will buy boxes and give me them for $10 over cost so I usually end up paying a lot less than you see things at in a hobby shop and the good thing is he takes empty blasters filled with random base cards in trade.So I will bust some blasters or packs at walmart here and there and all the crap cards I save up and trade to him (trust me they really are guys none of you collect for the most part) and he also takes other things like magazines and all kinds of stuff.

I even traded him some dvd's, a sega dreamcast with some video games and some ps1 games and ended up getting about $250 worth of credit with him.He doesn't give very much on them but I had a crapload of stuff we never used anymore so I figured he gave me more than I would have gotten on ebay so I traded them off.He's kinda like a packrat I guess.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
I get maybe a retail pack or two a week. I only get about 3-4 hobby boxes a year. I love opening it, but there's so many other things to buy. So I really crack it every week, but only in small amounts.

tomsimons

Aug 7, 2008
Way too often, but at least it's usually in small amounts. I'd almost certainly be better off saving money to buy larger amounts less frequently, but it's too much fun to go to the store and bust. :|

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
tomsimons said:
Way too often, but at least it's usually in small amounts. I'd almost certainly be better off saving money to buy larger amounts less frequently, but it's too much fun to go to the store and bust. :|

Thats what I was like until I turned 18 or so. I had been buying boxes like splendid splinters, genuine, etc. because i thought the value was in jerseys/autographs, lol. But then i joined beckett boards and was introduced to prospects, and ever since then, its only prospects, and only cases.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Rudzud said:
mrwhitesox30 said:
I never bust wax, which is one of the reasons why I have an awesome collection.

I always bust wax, which is one of the reaons why I have an awesome collection.

I'll second that.Some of the best and most valuable cards in my PC came through busting.And since I am not too narrow minded and I collect a bunch of players...I always end up having a nice amount of guys I collect from every bust.Its one of the reasons I have so many cards.Add this to buying singles at shows, shops and ebay and it makes for a monster collection.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts