Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

July Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
13_canojackson_1of1_zps1ae595ef.png

09_billingsley_5of6_zps47d976f9.png

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Always liked the photo they used for this card. Finally picked up a blue parallel.

ichiro_039_zps9151e608.jpg

Still in single A. Yankees farm system isn't really loaded so maybe he can make it to the majors some day.

katoh_001_zpsc58dc893.jpg

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH

Awesome cards (I especially like the dual Peavy/Sale)! What is up with the MLB sticker on that Longoria bat knob? It's in the shape of a typical post-2006 authentication sticker but there is no code. I've heard the stickers were tamper proof but, honestly, I've never seen one after it has been "tampered". Either way, bat order records and the big "3" point to it being legit.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Awesome cards (I especially like the dual Peavy/Sale)! What is up with the MLB sticker on that Longoria bat knob? It's in the shape of a typical post-2006 authentication sticker but there is no code. I've heard the stickers were tamper proof but, honestly, I've never seen one after it has been "tampered". Either way, bat order records and the big "3" point to it being legit.

The hologram is duller than most of the other authentication holograms I've seen and there is no code visible. The sticker with the number 3 on top of the knob is definitely similar to other Longoria knobs I've seen.

I have a card from 2008 where Topps actually cut through the sticker. You can tell that the tamper proof technology is present because the sticker is flaking off of the patch:

08_mccann_4of6.jpg

Enfuego79

Jan 21, 2013
Deltona, FL
So my wife just got home from work and I asked her why did she stay so late, she then did not respond so I asked again, and I guess I gave her a look that made her respond with " you watch too much Maury and Steve wilkos", I was not wen thinking she was out cheating so I laughed, but she then told me she was tipped off about a lady getting rid of some cards her now ex-husband forgot and was selling as a lot for $50, so my wife jumped at the chance and pick them up for me...

She bought these initially:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The lady told my wife that she would give her these 2 cause she has no use for them and had no clue about them. She asked my wife if she new anything ad my wife played "dumb" she just said all she knows is the card is old and trees a black guy on it...and the other she said she never seen before...she took care of me...

attachment.php

attachment.php

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
258rm9w.jpg

This was my favorite card until I stupidly sold it a few years back. Got it back for $200 less than I paid for it :cool:

Members online

Latest posts