Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

McCarthy to Yanks. Soriano DFA.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Yeah, I always loved Sori, until he went to the Cubs.

I really think he just stopped caring while playing in Chicago.

Or was on the juice prior, and stopped using and fell off.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Yeah, I always loved Sori, until he went to the Cubs.

I really think he just stopped caring while playing in Chicago.

Or was on the juice prior, and stopped using and fell off.

Juice probably had a lot to do with it - even though he was never under suspicion bc he never bulked up

But you can take PED's and not bulk up

Too bad - he was a great player for awhile. Just ended badly

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Thank god this era is over. I liked Soriano his first go around and last year's reunion was great, but he has fallen off horribly. His defense has cost them at least one game and he's been a black hole in the lineup. I like the shakeup going on right now. Nuno was never going to give the team more than 5 IP and even those were suspect innings usually. At least with McCarthy there is the chance for innings and above average performance every time out. Need a decent innings guy though. I'm afraid McCarthy is going to implode any time now.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
At least with McCarthy there is the chance for innings and above average performance every time out.
I'm afraid McCarthy is going to implode any time now.
McCarthy already has.
He's leading all pitchers in earned runs and hits allowed this season. He's been pretty horrible.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
His 2.89 xFIP and 3.79 FIP along with his 93/20 K/BB are obviously masked by his record and ERA, but he is a huge upgrade over Nuno. His BABIP is 50 points higher than his career average and his strand rate 5% lower than career average, so should they return closer to normal that will certainly help as well.

Just getting Nuno out of the rotation is a win, McCarthy staying healthy and contributing quality innings would be the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Love this move. I think it'll be a huge upgrade having McCarthy over nuno. nuno was god awful almost every time out there and threw in the upper 80s. Soriano was awful so I'm glad to have ichiro out there instead full time now. I would expect another move or two to happen however before the deadline

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
As an ex-A's guy, I'll root for McCarthy, but man, he's been pretty bad.

As for the Soriano PEDs line, I doubt it. Even the last three years, he's been pretty much the same type of hitter he's always been. .240 with 30-40 HRs has been pretty much his line every year, but with more Ks and putrid D, and then his average declines even more? DFA time...

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Soriano need AB playing once a week agianst lefty only got him off his timing. Best thing for him someone pick him up & find his power storke again.

Members online

Latest posts