Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How would you handle this eBay situation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Collector

Feb 11, 2014
California
Bought an unused auto redemption on eBay last month, received it and entered the code online. Seller advertised it as #/25 in the title and description. I'm looking through the set checklist online a few days later and it turns out it's actually numbered #/75. Is it my fault for not thoroughly researching it before hand or the sellers fault for not describing it accurately? Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but I did pay about 2x the price of what the #/75 has gone for. I know I can file a "not as described" claim, but since I already redeemed the code they would be out both the $ and the card. Wish I would have figured it out before redeeming it so I could just return it unscratched to them. Not really sure what to do...

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I would expect an accurate description, especially if the print run is not spelled out on the card or readable in any scan they may have provided. Best to just reach out to the seller, explain what happened and see what they may be willing to do to "make it right".

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
I would expect an accurate description, especially if the print run is not spelled out on the card or readable in any scan they may have provided. Best to just reach out to the seller, explain what happened and see what they may be willing to do to "make it right".

I agree with this. If the auction listed the item as /25 it is on the seller to make this right. Shoot him a message, and if he gives you flack file a claim asking for a partial refund.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
This is not a clear cut partial refund because you redeemed the code, cannot return the item and essentially ended the "process", like trying to open a dispute after leaving positive feedback. Had you done research on what the card should be numbered out of before winning the auction you could have messaged the seller or simply not bid. After scratching the code you cannot return the card. An honest seller should probably give you a partial refund. I'm interested to see how this will be resolved.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yea, at this point it's kind of a done deal IMO. The card is scratched and entered and you can't return anything, etc. An honest seller would just refund you some of the $ and both of you just kick the can down the road but who knows. Tough situation... not that the $ has much to do with it but if it's not an amount of $ that would keep you up at night, I personally wouldn't spend too much time or energy fighting with the seller and just chalk it up as you should of done a little more research before jumping on the bid button.

Good luck, hope it works out!

Members online

Latest posts