Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Daddy played ball, so can i?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
So im watchin the giants/a's game tonight, and the A's have a player named Nate Fryman. Made me wonder if its Travis Fryman's kid.

Then i remembered, Van Slyke's kid is playing, and it made me think of Prince Fielder...

So... How many players are playing today that had Fathers who also played?

jrosales

Mar 23, 2013
I don't think Nate and Travis are related.

On a similar note, it makes me feel very old to see that guys who were rookies in the '90s have sons playing MLB (like Delino Deshields).

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I don't think Nate and Travis are related.

On a similar note, it makes me feel very old to see that guys who were rookies in the '90s have sons playing MLB (like Delino Deshields).

Agreed ! Seeing these kids of people who were late 80s/90s guys I watched makes me feel aged for sure.

Would def be neat for the family though seeing different generations make it. And the ones that have had more the. 2 family members make it is amazing for sure.

Ryan

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
That is an amazing list. Many more than I would have thought. Happy to say that I was in attendance at the Kingdome for the first game Griffey Jr and Sr played together. Wish I had had the brains to hold on to the ticket stub.

Other than the Bucks, anyone know of announcers that followed in the footsteps?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
That is an amazing list. Many more than I would have thought. Happy to say that I was in attendance at the Kingdome for the first game Griffey Jr and Sr played together. Wish I had had the brains to hold on to the ticket stub.

Other than the Bucks, anyone know of announcers that followed in the footsteps?

3 generations of Carays - Harry, Skip and Chip

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA

This for sure. One of the reasons I thought of starting this thread. I'm amazed I have reached the age where players I used to watch now have kids of their own in the majors. Blows my mind.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
There are a bunch that didn't make it to the Majors.

Tyler Mattingly
Dustin Yount
Craig Griffey
Bobby Bonds Jr.
Koby Clemens

and the list goes on.

Members online

Latest posts