Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Christian Vazquez called up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Start listing your 08 bcdp

There's been almost nothing available on Ebay for 2+ years, kind of crazy. Stash of mine includes a blue, gold, orange, and red, all listed.

But I just moved the red. Not sure where the cap is on his stuff since his bat isn't his strong point. But he's an elite defensive catcher, and paired with Swihart in 2 years could be a great combo

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Can't wait to see this kid on a daily basis. Such a strong arm and a fantastic defender....it will be nice to see our starting catcher actually not let pitches get to the backstop, lol. I don't expect a ton with his bat, but in his two at bats tonight he made good contact, just right at guys. Not sure what his ceiling is offensively but might be like 2002 Varitek, with 10 HR ~25 2B and a .260-.270 BA (assuming he plays a full season as a starter), as he is a gap hitter and that can work in his favor at Fenway.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
3-4 2R 3RBI 2 2B....not bad for his second career ML game! :D :D :D

I'm amazed that still nothing has shown up on Ebay. I've moved my red, orange, and gold already, and nothing other than that has hit ebay better than a blue. Strange. It sucks, because I've been trying to grab stuff for a couple of years, and I barely ended up with anything

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I'm amazed that still nothing has shown up on Ebay. I've moved my red, orange, and gold already, and nothing other than that has hit ebay better than a blue. Strange. It sucks, because I've been trying to grab stuff for a couple of years, and I barely ended up with anything
Why are his cards so elusive? Were they short printed or collectors just don't seem to want to part with them?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Why are his cards so elusive? Were they short printed or collectors just don't seem to want to part with them?

I have no clue. Maybe he was such a non prospect for so long that they ended up in junk bins? Would have thought SOMETHING else would show up, but I guess not. So bizarre

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Definitely strange....but maybe more will surface if he keeps playing like he is. Today's line: 2-4 2RBI 2B R, and he caught a CG SHO from Buchholz. :D Farrell said Vazquez will play 3 out of every 5 games, so I'm assuming he will catch Buchholz, De La Rosa, and Lackey. Almost hate to see the AS break the way they have been playing the last handful of games...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
does anyone know offhand if he has a 2008 razor signature series auto? that name seems vaguely familiar and I think it might be because I've pulled one (or a few) of his autos out of 2008 razor.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
does anyone know offhand if he has a 2008 razor signature series auto? that name seems vaguely familiar and I think it might be because I've pulled one (or a few) of his autos out of 2008 razor.
There was a Niko Vasquez but no Christian Vazquez.

Members online