Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Settle the Pujols vs. Howard for MVP with a poll. Vote now!

Who is your MVP in the National League?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Because everyone can make terrific arguments for both sides, lets all vote and see who the winner is. Much easier than going through the 5 page thread that is the other argument!

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
MallCopKJ said:
Because everyone can make terrific arguments for both sides, lets all vote and see who the winner is. Much easier than going through the 5 page thread that is the other argument!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yea it gets kinda Crazy. I voted pujols even if everything else is a wash in terms of offense Pujols Blows him away on defense.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
mlbsalltimegreats said:
MallCopKJ said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yea it gets kinda Crazy. I voted pujols even if everything else is a wash in terms of offense Pujols Blows him away on defense.
And apparently base running, the biggest factor! lol.

Regardless Pujols and Howard should go 1-2 (not saying Pujols or Howard should be MVP, but saying both will get the top spots).

Damn, I really wanted Wright to get MVP

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:
MallCopKJ said:

Regardless Pujols and Howard should go 1-2 (not saying Pujols or Howard should be MVP, but saying both will get the top spots).

Im sure you know but trust me Wrights time will come. The kid is really good and despite the Mets not making it the could only motivate him to work a little harder in the offseason.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Im curious to know if there can and/or ever has been a co-MVP for the regular season? Say they have 50 voters, 25 vote: 1. Pujols. 2. Howard and the other 25 vote the: 1. Howard. 2. Pujols, what would they do? Flip a coin??? :lol:

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
mlbsalltimegreats said:
darocker80 said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:
MallCopKJ said:

Im sure you know but trust me Wrights time will come. The kid is really good and despite the Mets not making it the could only motivate him to work a little harder in the offseason.
I think he hurt the most of the Met's team not making the playoffs. Did you see his expression. Looked like he was going to cry in the interview. Poor fellow.

Next year go hit 50 HR .350 AVG and 145 RBIs!

[email protected]

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
MallCopKJ said:
Im curious to know if there can and/or ever has been a co-MVP for the regular season? Say they have 50 voters, 25 vote: 1. Pujols. 2. Howard and the other 25 vote the: 1. Howard. 2. Pujols, what would they do? Flip a coin??? :lol:

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:
darocker80 said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:
MallCopKJ said:

I think he hurt the most of the Met's team not making the playoffs. Did you see his expression. Looked like he was going to cry in the interview. Poor fellow.

WOW :shock: I dont know about that :lol: but hey you never know.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
thenextlevel said:
darocker80 said:
thenextlevel said:
MallCopKJ said:
?!

co NL MVPs in 1979 Stargell/Hernandez

Wow, thats pretty cool. Thanks for sharing the year as I tried to type around google and find a history of awards by year but came up short. I found this:

"Only once in the history of the Most Valuable Player Award has there been a tie for the honor. In 1979, the Pirates' Willie "Pops" Stargell and the Cardinals' Keith Hernandez wound up with 216 points apiece in the Baseball Writers' Association of America voting, so each was awarded a plaque."

BTW, you have one of, if not the most amazing photobucket I have ever seen. :eek:

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
mlbsalltimegreats said:
darocker80 said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:
darocker80 said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:
[quote="MallCopKJ":x9tkh3dg]Because everyone can make terrific arguments for both sides, lets all vote and see who the winner is. Much easier than going through the 5 page thread that is the other argument!

WOW :shock: I dont know about that :lol: but hey you never know.[/quote:x9tkh3dg]
lol

.352 avg 49 HR 140 RBI

better :p

[email protected]

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
MallCopKJ said:
thenextlevel said:
darocker80 said:
thenextlevel said:
MallCopKJ said:
?!

co NL MVPs in 1979 Stargell/Hernandez

Wow, thats pretty cool. Thanks for sharing the year as I tried to type around google and find a history of awards by year but came up short. I found this:

"Only once in the history of the Most Valuable Player Award has there been a tie for the honor. In 1979, the Pirates' Willie "Pops" Stargell and the Cardinals' Keith Hernandez wound up with 216 points apiece in the Baseball Writers' Association of America voting, so each was awarded a plaque."

BTW, you have one of, if not the most amazing photobucket I have ever seen. :eek:

Thank you....I am out.....later on....

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
This poll will prove nothing to me as people on these boards, over and over again, have proved to me they know almost nothing about baseball statistics aside from batting average, runs batted in, and home run. I just pray that the sports writers make the right decision.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
soccerman034 said:
This poll will prove nothing to me as people on these boards, over and over again, have proved to me they know almost nothing about baseball statistics aside from batting average, runs batted in, and home run. I just pray that the sports writers make the right decision.

As I have learned a lot in life, you always fade "Joe Public", so more likely than not your right. After all, it is the fans who decide who goes to the All-Star games and you know how that goes :roll: . Just an entertaining question to keep peoples minds going at 2:30 A.M. I suppose, nothing more :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts