Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Most condition-sensitive vintage card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
I don't collect a whole lot of vintage except for Spahn. I've become real picky about the condition of my cards and so I've passed up some good deals over the years because I wasn't completely satisfied with the condition. For me, the hardest card to find in a condition that makes me happy is the 1953 Topps Spahn. That darn bottom left corner is impossible to find without obvious whiting since the black box is located in that corner. (The '63 Topps has the same prob, but to a lesser extent, and of course the '71 Topps.) Even in high grades the wear on that corner is obvious. Just wondering if you guys have a particular card that's plagued you like that? Maybe a centering issue (like the 1948 Bowman)? Or offset ink printing probs?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Traditionally the first card in the set can be really condition sensitive due to kids back in the day putting their cards in number order and then wrapping an elastic around them.

- Rodrick

Members online

Latest posts