Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

super smelly fake mantle alert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
What's fake about it? I don't really know anything about vintage, so if somebody could point it out to me please. I feel like a *******, but at one point or another, we're all ignorant to some things right?

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
they listed it once, ebay removed it because someone investigated and found out it was a fake PSA label, then they relisted it saying they were making a better scan. Posted on another board, so I was hoping for some expert opinions here

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
am i allowed to post the discussion from the other forum?

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
Personal Message (Offline)

Anyone buying/dealing in PSA graded cards, you might wanna check this out.
« on: Yesterday at 06:09:31 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote
This clan appears to be operating out of Southern California and Mexico.

First, I seen a 52' Topps Mantle PSA 9 on Ebay that was bogus, and now this one has shown up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0303235277

Take note of the font on the PSA flip, and how it is bogus. The scammers appear to be counterfeiting these PSA flips and most likely the holders, and selling on Ebay, Craigslist, and on various sites/boards.

PSA does not seem willing to address these issues publicly up to this point, and I feel I know why. They are in fear that it will hurt their business, so they are basically keeping quiet. Mr. Joe Orlando is very aware that this stuff is happening, so he has no excuse for his hobby silence on this matter. That makes me lose a lot of respect for PSA, and Joe Orlando.

It's about time PSA steps up and does something to help us collectors, instead of leaving us vulnerable to counterfeiting and fraud like this. They can and should develop a holder that will be tamperproof, kind of like the BGS slabs.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
Maybe he was able to find out the # of another PSA 9 Mantle and just faked it with that number, so when you type it in, it shows it being a real PSA 9.

thinjim

Nov 16, 2008
thefasterblade said:
Maybe he was able to find out the # of another PSA 9 Mantle and just faked it with that number, so when you type it in, it shows it being a real PSA 9.

more credible than my idea. haha

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Why don't PSA, BGS & SGC put holographs on their labels to protect against counterfeiting? They could make the holographs stick to the holder so if someone tries to remove the label, it will tear, making the label VOID.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
response from seller when i inquired

"seriously? i'm new to this and just hosting the auction....the owner swears its real, but i've gotten a few emails accusing me of being a scammer...now i'm starting to worry....but you can email the owner of the card at the email address listed on the auction"

i asked why anyone would ask someone to sell a 10,000 card for them who hasnt done anything on ebay in some time.
no response yet

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
The back of the flip looks very fake, there is no S in PSA, and its not like its a bad scan, as the back of the card is clearly visable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts