Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your most memorable all star game?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I can't say I have "one", more like a bunch of moments.

Like when Lynn hit the grand slam, for some reason I remember that.

Since I was always on vacation in Florida as a kid when they were played, I would have a contest with a friend predicting certain events. Those were always fun.

And while it wasn't the asg, who can forget Hamilton going crazy during the hr derby?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I too have the Fred Lynn as a big one. It was the 50th game, the first time the AL won in years, the first (and only) ASG Slam. Plus, it was my first Beach vaca without the folks and I was 11, the perfect age for understanding the importance of the game.

But my most memorable is the '99 ASG at Fenway. Great game, Team of the Century, Pedro's Ks, and all that but the main reason is that my Son was born 3 days before and I held him thru it in the Hospital room. Pretty cool for me!

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
Nate Colbert scoring the winning run in the bottom of the 10th in the 1972 game.

Randy Jones getting the save in the 1975 game and the win in 1976.

...but I might be a bit biased. :cool:

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I have been to four All Star games in person and I think my favorite was in 1990 at Wrigley. It rained and we were all soaked but it was very cool to see the best of the best playing on the historic field.

The 1983 Game at Comiskey park had to be the best overall experience as the day before they brought back any living ball player who had ever appeared in an all star game. Dimaggio, Mantle, Maris, Gehringer, Lefty Gomez....if they were alive they were there. The great thing was that, after the old timers game the players left outside the center field gate and EVERYONE signed autographs for whoever asked. I remember being awe struck as Joe Dimaggio breezed right by me and I could barely get the words out of my mouth to ask for an autograph. Oh...and the game itself was great too. Fred Lynn's slam against Atlee Hammaker of the Giants was a thing of beauty.

joed.jpg
asg2.jpg

See if you can make out some of the legends pictured here.
asg.jpg

jflan702

Sep 25, 2008
outside of Boston
My favorite was the only one that I have ever attended, 1999 at Fenway. The Kid's last real public appearance. Watching all of the greats of the previous 2 decades crowd around Teddy Ballgame was just incredible.

Members online