Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WWE might end Rusev/Lana storyline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I read this yesterday, but thought "nah, aint gonna happen, they are too over as heels right now."

But, after Lana brought up the airline shoot down, a lot of news corps are writing about how distasteful it is.

Reminds me of Muhammad Hassan's angle with Taker years ago that got him taken off TV and eventually released.

I love the Rusev and Lana storyline so I hope they can figure out a way to keep them going without pissing off their sponsors and leading to them being repackaged or taken off TV

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
What would that mean for the upcoming Smoky the Bear/Kane feud at Summerslam over Kane's careless use of fire?

It's wrestling. It has always borrowed from current events for storylines.

Attachments

• 1406036806302.jpg
    1406036806302.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 67

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer

WWE may have canceled plans for a follow-up match between Rusev and Jack Swagger. The plan was for the two to face each other at several PPVs but the rivalry isn’t expected to continue. The decision was made during creative meetings at RAW yesterday.

It’s unknown if the controversy over what Lana said at Battleground played a role in the decision, but it’s very possible.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
WWF is *******. They've lost solar systems worth of money. May as well go all in and lose it all !

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Didn't anybody tell Lana to specifically NOT mention the airplane crash?

Who would trust bad PR to an open mic from a newbie like Lana

I don't get it

Goes back to ALEXANDER Rusev is Bulgarian
Tattoo of Bulgaria in his arm
Push him as pro Bulgarian and anti-American
So just in case Russia starts WW3 they can Continue his storyline

Makes no sense to me

We're not still in the 80's Vince

And it will be pretty easy to screw up the whole new Nation of Domination with Xavier Woods

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
Well I'm glad they didn't end this partnership

Sorry or resurrecting old thread

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'm disappointed they didn't reincarnate the Nation of Domination, especially with the stuff going on in Ferguson. AT LEAST, this way, the WWE would be in the headlines. They're creative direction is so ****ing feeble. That and the Sting hype and excitement from Sunday is already dead. Ugh.

NY Tony

Mar 29, 2013
I'm disappointed they didn't reincarnate the Nation of Domination, especially with the stuff going on in Ferguson. AT LEAST, this way, the WWE would be in the headlines. They're creative direction is so ****ing feeble. That and the Sting hype and excitement from Sunday is already dead. Ugh.

100% agreed!!!
They hinted that Kofi, big E and Xavier Woods would redo it

I was excited aaaaaaand it never happened

And now they are repackaging Xavier to a soul singing and dancing musician

When wwe recently let go of a funk music dancing wrestler walk

?????????

Members online