Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

opinions Welcome... bored last night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
so I was bored and came up with an idea. There are certain cards in my PC that I really like and want to display. But how? Which had me thinking, what if i drew the card on an 8x11 then displayed the card next to it in a frame... So I started drawing my 1st one last night, this is still a work in progress and not quite done, but my question is do I draw just the player's Picture or draw the entire card? here is what I have so far

opinions are welcome,

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Good idea and it looks good . Maybe create a border / logo of your own and keep it on each pic you do. Like the "Personal Collection" header or something

Ryan

Last edited:

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
The drawing is great! I am not sure how it will look together. I mean, if you could frame it and matte it, maybe? Is that what you had in mind??

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
The drawing is great! I am not sure how it will look together. I mean, if you could frame it and matte it, maybe? Is that what you had in mind??

I appreciate it. The card next to the drawing was just to show the comparison. that is not how I would display it. Here is my dilemma. 1st) do i just draw the complete card as it actually looks. 2) Do i draw a "personalized logo" /border as Ryan mentioned on all the cards I draw? 3) Just draw the Player with no extra background.

As for the display, Yes, my thought would be to Matte the drawings in a frame with the card. Once I have figured out the drawings I will work on the Matte and frame

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Just wanted to give an update.. went on vacation and got back last night thought about how I wanted to finish this. Thought about drawing the entire card, but ended up doing my own little title/slash design. Something simple but clean IMO. Thanks for the idea Ryan.. When I draw other players I can add it to those in the future as well

the last contemplations are, what type of border do I draw, (if any) and do I try to make a spot below the drawing for a signature if I try to get it signed. Almost finished.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Wow, the update pic looks outstanding. The shading is great. It looks just like Jeter and the classy script writing looks awesome.
Nice job!

Members online

Latest posts