Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need some opinions - vintage Topps Indians team sets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Have a chance to knock out almost all the Cleveland Topps team sets that I need.

The prices below are for Topps team sets in vg-ex condition:

1953 - $118
54- $47
56- $95
57- $95
60- $71
61- $95
62- $90
63- $90
64- $77
68- $35
69- $73

i would like your opinions: fair prices? Or you think I could knock them out cheaper through ebay and comc?

New to cards, so I appreciate the help!

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Depends: are they graded?, in top loaders?, in a binder? hi number commons? shipping charges included? All from same dealer?

Many variables involved. If they're all from the same dealer, get a bulk buying discount as I'm sure they're not turning over all that much vintage teams sets.

Fordman

Last edited:

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
I'd consider myself and expert on 1956 and 1957 Topps. Those prices aren't outrageous if you don't want to deal with the hassle of putting the team sets together piecemeal AND if they truly are VG-EX. 1956 has the Bob Feller which is around $30 in true VG-EX condition. Early Wynn and Bob Lemon are also included and are probably around $10 each in VG-EX. 1957 loses Feller but picks up the Rocky Colavito RC. You still have Wynn and Lemon and at least a couple of guys in the short-printed mid-series (Mike Garcia and Hal Naragon are the ones I can think of, but there might be one or two more).

Be careful that the stars are at least VG-EX though. All too often, sellers will move sets like this under the guise of "Averages VG-EX" and you can guess which cards will fall below that threshhold.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Would need to see the major stars, SPs and High numbers that may fall within those sets to know for sure. The prices seem high, because Cleveland didn't really have any super hot big names that i can think of off the top of my head. However, I only really collect select singles in vintage, other than Dodgers. I see decent singles all the time for what seem to be fair, often cheap, end prices. You do need to factor in the $3 per package shipping though, unless you can find one of those set breaker sellers.

Colavito RC was mentioned and any HOFers will have a little premium, but Feller, Wynn, Newhouser are more "common" HOFers. I think Tommy John has a RC in 64 with the Indians, but that isn't a major item either.

Members online