Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Game Used QUestion - MacGregor Tag identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A_Pharis

Registered at GameUsedUniverse, but I have to wait to be approved. I guess I'll look to see if anyone here has an idea.

Here's the one I am trying to ID:
macgregor.jpg

Problem is, all of the verified examples I can find have this tag... but the size is on the right side of the tag. As you can see, it is on the left here.

Any ideas on the legitimacy or - at least - the year of the tag?

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I don't know of any other examples, but it could be an error on MacGregor's part. If you assume that the tags were made in a long strip with a repeating pattern of the company name and size number, and then were supposed to be cut so that the size was always on the right side. Somebody could have cut it on the wrong side, but decided to use it anyway because all the relevant data is still there.

I have a picture of a jersey with a similar tag, but with the size on the right side. It's a 1960 Bill Burwell Pirates jersey, road flannel vest, set 1. The photo is from the Ed Dolan Jr. website.

Members online

Latest posts