Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this a "dick" move?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I don't think so but want to see what you think.

A week ago one of my best buds asked if I wanted to go with him to a Yankee game since he had an extra ticket. Obviously I accepted.

The game is September 7 which happens to be the date where the Yanks are going to honor Jeter.

But he bought the tickets BEFORE it was announced and paid face value.

So tonight he sent me a text saying that the tickets are going for like $2k!

I replied back that if he wants to, I don't want him to lose that much money and no problem if he wants to sell it instead.

He replied back that he wouldn't sell it.

By me telling him I have no problem with him selling them instead, WAS THAT A DICK MOVE on my part in any way?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
No, you did the right thing telling your friend it's okay if he sells the ticket and that you understand. You did the opposite of a dick move.
And he showed what a good friend he is by saying he still wants to go to the game with you.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
The dick move would be for your bud to sell it from under you w/o asking, since he already promised you a ticket it seems. i would probably consider selling them if it were me, but i would discuss it with the guy i offered the ticket to first. of course, I don't live in nyc and don't have any special love for Jeter, so the money would be better than the event in my eyes.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
It's a dick move if he suddenly loses your ticket / his extra ticket to the game.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks all, just wanted to make sure.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
No dick move at all. You are letting him know that he can sell them and take the money and run like the wind..........unless.........he is telling you this to get more money out of you if you had to pay for them in the first place, Say bought them for maybe 2 bills and now wants more money but obviously not 2K for you..........Yes then that would be a Dick move on his part :lol:

Staff online

Latest posts