Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankee Fan Finds Red Sox WS Ring and Returns it! Whoa..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Restaurant owner finds it laying on the sink in his restroom and it's the real deal ring... he ended up returning it obviously. I guess it's worth $30,000. What would you do? I'd return it... nothing you can do with it because it's a one of a kind piece and it's not like you can wear it or sell it haha... o well, good story... glad it didn't end up in the hands of a real pissed off Yankees fan... might of dropped it down the sewer outside :twisted:

Here is the article on ESPN: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...es-fan-returns-lost-boston-red-sox-title-ring

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Good story. Glad it worked out. After seeing so much crap in the news it makes me believe that there really are some good people left in the world.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Even if it were a Cubs World Series championship ring, I would return it.

Even after the obvious negligence of its owner.
If it was a Boston fan, you think he would have returned it? I think there are a lot of fans who wouldn't of... doesn't surprise me that a Yankee fan did, what does he want it for?

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Awesome story, and good on the finder for returning it. I would've done the same thing, no doubt. The guilt trip alone wouldn't be worth it.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I'm from Boston. I wouldn't hesitate to return it. Most people around here wouldn't be so good about it. At least there's one good Yankee fan in the world. :eek:

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
I work at a retirement community and one of the scouts that helped recruit Gooden lived there and he let me check out and try on the '86 Mets ring. He passed away not much longer after that. I hope the family didn't just sell it off and kept it in the family. That thing was sweet!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I work at a retirement community and one of the scouts that helped recruit Gooden lived there and he let me check out and try on the '86 Mets ring. He passed away not much longer after that. I hope the family didn't just sell it off and kept it in the family. That thing was sweet!
Yea, I hear that. Hopefully someone in the family wanted it!

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Never had an issue with Yankee fans. Even when sitting in the right field bleachers during Sox-Yankee games. I find for the most part and in my experience, the worst and obnoxious Sox "fans" are those that jumped onboard in 2004 and for the Yankees those that weren't around much pre-96.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Never had an issue with Yankee fans. Even when sitting in the right field bleachers during Sox-Yankee games. I find for the most part and in my experience, the worst and obnoxious Sox "fans" are those that jumped onboard in 2004 and for the Yankees those that weren't around much pre-96.
When I lived in Boston and went to a game vs the Yankees, never had a problem but we were home... and I was really undercover because I'm an Indians fan living in Boston but "when in Rome" I guess... now I live in Dallas and do the same for Ranger games :twisted:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
O

There was supposed to be a Mufassa/Simba "Dad, what's a World Series?" meme here, but I can't get it to post.

:mad:
[MENTION=2231]Nate Colbert 17[/MENTION]
Here just caopy and paste this in your thread and I'll delete mine when you do
hey-dad-whats-a-world-series-lion-king-meme.jpg

Members online

Latest posts