Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Multiple Reports Say Jon Lester 'Close' To Orioles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Peter Abraham, Boston Globe Red Sox guy, and Oriole reports saying they are 'close'. I can't believe they'd do it in the division!

Last edited:

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Awesome. Get Bundy and Gausman for free and get Lester back next year. And do it to a division rival

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I would speculate the O's could acquire Lester without giving up Bundy.

Hypothetically, I'm thinking a package containing two of Hunter Harvey, Eduardo Rodriguez and/or Kevin Gausman gets it done.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I would speculate the O's could acquire Lester without giving up Bundy.

Hypothetically, I'm thinking a package containing two of Hunter Harvey, Eduardo Rodriguez and/or Kevin Gausman gets it done.

And that would be stupid, IMO. I could understand Harvey, but no way if move Gausman.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
This deal isn't going to happen. Why would the Orioles make that trade for a rental, specifically dealing big pitching prospects for a guy they likely lose? Unless they truly are going all in this season, which, given recent history, maybe they should.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I just heard on my BS channel that he is one his way to Toronto for a boat load of nothing and a little bit of cash. I truly mean this is what has been spewed around by me.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
This deal isn't going to happen. Why would the Orioles make that trade for a rental, specifically dealing big pitching prospects for a guy they likely lose? Unless they truly are going all in this season, which, given recent history, maybe they should.
Makes sense really, they are finally in first in the division and they have made the playoffs what, once in the past ~20 years?

I still can't see a deal with Baltimore happening but I think this would be the year to finally make that playoff push...would you trust any of Baltimore's current SP to be the game 1 starter in the ALDS/ALCS? They obviously would rather have a guy under team control for at least another year but no way would they give up the players to get one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts