Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gordon Edes: Stephen Drew to....The Yankees...Confirmed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Does this make any sense? Ruin The Captain's victory lap at this point in the year? A $14million utility guy? Very The Boss like.

Last edited:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Good, now they can finally move Bogaerts back to short. Shows you just how desperate the Sox were to get rid of Drew, although both teams look pretty desperate in this deal.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Bogaerts back to shortstop and Middlebrooks back to third? How about Bogaerts to third and Mookie Betts to short! :D

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Last trade between these teams was 17 years ago.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
​Thank god LMAO, hopefully this is the 100% end of the Drew era. Good riddance. Great defensive player but man does he suck at the plate :lol:

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Last trade between these teams was 17 years ago.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

And that trade helped the Sox get Pedro Martinez!!!!

I had to look it up (last one I remembered was for Scott Bankhead). The Yankees sent Tony Armas and a PTBNL (Jim Mecir) to the Sox for Mike Stanley and a minor leaguer. Armas became the PTBNL in the deal that sent Carl Pavano to Montreal for Pedro. Hell of a deal!

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
And that trade helped the Sox get Pedro Martinez!!!!

I had to look it up (last one I remembered was for Scott Bankhead). The Yankees sent Tony Armas and a PTBNL (Jim Mecir) to the Sox for Mike Stanley and a minor leaguer. Armas became the PTBNL in the deal that sent Carl Pavano to Montreal for Pedro. Hell of a deal!

May this day turn out as well as that one did for the Sox! What a day!

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
Great move for the yanks. I expect drew to mostly play 2nd now. Also added Prado. Very good moves for the yanks and I think they come back to win the division. Upgraded everywhere except pitching staff and they didn't really need to upgrade the staff

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Great move for the yanks. I expect drew to mostly play 2nd now. Also added Prado. Very good moves for the yanks and I think they come back to win the division. Upgraded everywhere except pitching staff and they didn't really need to upgrade the staff

WHAT??

And Drew has never played 2nd base in his life...

and what....don't need to upgrade your rotation? Isn't like 4 starters on the DL or something? I would think that warrants trading for a SP..

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
WHAT??

and what....don't need to upgrade your rotation? Isn't like 4 starters on the DL or something? I would think that warrants trading for a SP..
You're not wrong here. BUT, that said, if you watch the Yanks every day the most glaring problem is the abhorrent defense in the infield. Adding Headley was a big plus there and now even a previously full time high caliber SS is a huge plus at 2B. There is no way around it. Only way it would be better is to move Refsnyder up and give him the spot. But between Prado and Drew they at least improve defense and offense, believe it or not.

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
WHAT??

Um check the reports. Drew is starting at second now. Major upgrade defensively and now Kelly Johnson is gone which is great as he is awful in the field.

there wasn't anything out there that are that was affordable in trade value for the yanks. They nearly got samardzja as they were the runners up in that trade but there was no way they could get lackey or Lester or price and they were in the mix for hamels but that price is insanely steep.

their starters haven't been the reason they've been losingn they've been pitching very well. It's the offense that is the issue and they upgraded at second and right field. The only two positions that they needed to.

i think they could be in on another starter after this deadline but it doesn't seem much were out there

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Um check the reports. Drew is starting at second now. Major upgrade defensively and now Kelly Johnson is gone which is great as he is awful in the field.

there wasn't anything out there that are that was affordable in trade value for the yanks. They nearly got samardzja as they were the runners up in that trade but there was no way they could get lackey or Lester or price and they were in the mix for hamels but that price is insanely steep.

their starters haven't been the reason they've been losingn they've been pitching very well. It's the offense that is the issue and they upgraded at second and right field. The only two positions that they needed to.

i think they could be in on another starter after this deadline but it doesn't seem much were out there
You must have really had a black hole offensively at 2nd base though, because Drew is not a good hitter. I appreciate you guys for taking him off our hands though. How much money is Boston eating in this deal?

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
You're not wrong here. BUT, that said, if you watch the Yanks every day the most glaring problem is the abhorrent defense in the infield. Adding Headley was a big plus there and now even a previously full time high caliber SS is a huge plus at 2B. There is no way around it. Only way it would be better is to move Refsnyder up and give him the spot. But between Prado and Drew they at least improve defense and offense, believe it or not.

Yes. Pitching is not the issue from. The yanks. It's hitting and fielding. And they just got better in both categories and Beltran looks like he's turning it around and headley looks very good.

Drew, prado, mccarthy, capuano, headley for Kelly Johnson, obrien, nuno and solarte is a damn good deadline for the yanks

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Hope he plays 2nd base alright then, not being a natural position. Sounds like even so he will be an upgrade to what you had but I'm glad that Yankee fans are happy about this trade. I'm just glad Bogaerts can go back to SS and have Holt/Middlebrooks at 3rd (when WMB returns from the DL).

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts