Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Paul Goldschmidt out for the season with broken hand.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
ESPN -- Arizona Diamondbacks All-Star first baseman Paul Goldschmidt will miss the rest of the season with a fractured left hand, manager Kirk Gibson said Sunday.

"Realistically, it's eight weeks. So he's done," Gibson told reporters before today's game.

Goldschmidt, runner-up in National League MVP voting last season, was hurt when he was hit by a pitch from Ernesto Frieri in the ninth inning of Friday night's loss to the Pirates.

Goldschmidt was hitting .300 with 19 home runs and third in the NL with 69 rbi.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Another tough loss or them , but at least this didn't come with any hope of a good season. It's tough to tell how they reset for next year. Moving Parra , Pardo , McCarthy and clearing some others off the books I hope give TLR the go ahead to get some good free agents in. I feel bad for Goldy but hope he recovers quickly.

Ryan

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
It's just been one of those years for AZ.

I really liked their post-season chances coming into the Season, but then the pitchers injuries started and a lousy start in Aussie land, and then so on and so on. Ugh...

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
First I heard it was going to be about 4 weeks. But since the D- backs are not going any place, why not shut him down and wait until next year.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
So nothing interesting to see in Phoenix for the rest of the summer. If they call Archie Bradley I would make the trip from Mexico to Arizona.

Members online

Latest posts