Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett '93: 350 UP ARROWS for 1992 Bowman!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Imagine getting your new Beckett and seeing this1407262116843.jpg

That's 350 UP ARROWS in one month for 1992 Bowman! That's how blazing hot this product was.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
The rc price leader was Piazza at $25 but the highest value was the Frank Thomas foil card at $35 which was labeled an sp.

I remember reading years ago that the Thomas (and others) were not actually short printed. Instead for whatever reason, these cards were packed mostly in the retail packs and just took longer to circulate the hobby.

BUT, in this issue Beckett noted that it was TOPPS who announced that for some reason, these cards were actually printed in shorter quantities.

In ending, a common rc booked .25 and a Mariano Rivera rc booked.....30 cents!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
You think that's crazy, in the March 1988 Beckett with Kevin Seitzer on the cover, every card went up in price.
It was when the hobby hit the stratosphere and Jim Beckett wrote an editorial at the beginning of the magazine explaining that since they raised the price of every card that month, there would be no arrows at all!

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
I remember this well. I was sure to grab a bunch of packs of 93 Bowman as soon as it came out hoping that the trend would continue!

Jan 14, 2009
The rc price leader was Piazza at $25 but the highest value was the Frank Thomas foil card at $35 which was labeled an sp.

I remember reading years ago that the Thomas (and others) were not actually short printed. Instead for whatever reason, these cards were packed mostly in the retail packs and just took longer to circulate the hobby.

BUT, in this issue Beckett noted that it was TOPPS who announced that for some reason, these cards were actually printed in shorter quantities.

In ending, a common rc booked .25 and a Mariano Rivera rc booked.....30 cents!

I remember this very well. Many people forget that 1992 Bowman was NOT hot right out the gate. It wasn't until 1993 that it started to take off. Dave Nied, Mike Piazza, Tim Salmon were "hot" early on in the season.

The Thomas (and other foils labeled SP) were cataloged as such because they were printed 1 per foil sheet while the others were doubled up, making them appear less frequently. I purchased an uncut, unfoiled sheet a few years ago and confirmed this.

Members online