Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should've known better, frisky eBay buyer!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
When I list on eBay I try to put good pictures up and NEVER comment on the condition of non-graded cards. This is on a 2012 Topps Chrome Cespedes AUTO. As soon as this guy asked a question about card condition and was not satisfied by closer pictures I should've just stopped answering. So we got 3 questions deep on a small surface scratch, and all these questions include 'I appreciate your honesty' like he's looking for a fight, and I think I'm cool, he's moved on. But low and behold he buys it and pays last night and sends a request to send the card priority 2 days instead of just first class and he'll pay for the extra shipping. I send him an invoice for the extra ($5 which is what including priority across the country costs for a padded envelope this days) and he ******* because he already paid shipping and handling. I have a feeling I'll be issuing a refund and wasting time, can't win 'em all.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
This is horrible, but I literally immediately block any buyer that asks a question about condition beyond "are there any creases/wrinkles" on a vintage card. If I get "centering looks good, how are the corners on this card?", I just block and move. It's a shame.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
I always provide high quality front and back scans for any ebay listing, and if there is something wrong with the card I say so. When I get the how are the edges, surface, corners question after providing all of that information, I always lie and say it will grade a 6. Card could be in pristine condition, but I don't want to deal with the hassle. Might have cost me some money and sales, but saves a lot of headaches.

If he gives you any more trouble make sure you update with his username.

RedSoxSoul

Dec 20, 2012
Sharon, MA
Yeah, forgot to mention he asked about how I ship the cards because he's worried about cards arriving messed up too. I will update if there is further information, he'll get the card tomorrow probably, but part of the reason for me posting this is to remind myself to not do this again. Thankfully it isn't a huge ticket item!

Members online

Latest posts