Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First five years of Bowman Chrome: how many future HOFers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Here are the best rookie cards from 97-01, how many should be inducted?

Halladay
Aramis ramirez
Beltre
Chavez
Tejada
Werth
Berkman

Rollins
Carlos Lee

Sabathia
Soriano
Mulder
Dunn
Hudson
Holliday
Hamilton
Crawford

Francisco Rodriguez
Brandon Phillips
Oswalt
Zito

Pujols
Ichiro
Hafner
Reyes
Morneau
Peavy

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Here are the best rookie cards from 97-01, how many should be inducted?

Halladay
Beltre
Berkman

Sabathia
Hudson

Pujols
Ichiro

Fun post. I was thinking about this recently (although) I focused on early players with RC autographs.

IMO Halladay should be a lock. Arguably the best pitcher in baseball for a decade. Won 2 Cy Youngs and had many other finishes in the top 5.

Beltre could easily wind up with 3000 hits. He had a really strange career but the totals are impressive and he's still going strong. Berkman was a beast at the plate. Not sure if he will make it but think he deserves consideration.

I'm not a huge fan of either of the pitchers from 1999 making the Hall but I think both reflect the "new HOF pitcher". Neither will be near 300 wins. Neither was as dominant as Halladay but both were elite pitchers for a long time. I don't think I would vote them in, but think they have a chance.

Pujols and Ichiro are first ballot locks.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Same answer as most so far ,

Pujols n Ichiro in

Halladay and Beltre are the next closest , with Halladay having a better shot IMO

And I think CC will get a decent vote , not in , but some respect. Berkman not getting to 2000 hits will hurt votes, so I don't think he'll have a real good %

Ryan

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Does no one think Dunn reaching 500 HRs gets him in? And what about K-Rod holding the single season saves record? Otherwise, I'll just echo what others have said.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Does no one think Dunn reaching 500 HRs gets him in? And what about K-Rod holding the single season saves record? Otherwise, I'll just echo what others have said.

If Dunn gets to 500 I think he'll get a few votes but not many. 500 ain't what it used to be. A modern day Dave Kingman, feared HR hitter but never, in any year, close to being one of the league's top players. Pretty one dimensional. Being a fan favorite helps but nowhere near enough.
K-Rod I don't think is even close. A couple of dominant seasons but pretty average for the rest of his career. Bobby Thigpen once held that single season record too

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I wouldn't discount Hudson's chances, especially if he gets 2-3 more good seasons and has some Post-season success.

And Hamilton has some work to do, but it's reachable for him I think...

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Kingman only finished with 440 or so, as I recall. 500 isn't just a nice round number, it's a mark that really separates the elites from the Kingmans. However, Dunn might be, like Biggio reaching 3000, the exception to it being an automatic in, PED cases aside.

I think Halladay gets in, but that might be the Phillies fan in me. Other than the two obvious ones, I think he's the only one with a legit case.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Kingman only finished with 440 or so, as I recall. 500 isn't just a nice round number, it's a mark that really separates the elites from the Kingmans.
Dunn probably won't even get 500 homers.
His contract is over this season. Which team would want him next year, especially with the amount of money he makes?
He turns 35 in a few months and he's horrible.

His last four season batting averages are .159, .204. .216 and .219.
He only has 17 homers and 44 rbi this season, so he's essentially worthless as a big bat.
This will be his final season.

And even if he somehow does reach 500 homers, he has a .237 lifetime batting average.
He has absolutely no shot at the Hall of Fame.

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
Halladay deserves more consideration. One could argue he was the Top pitcher of his Era.

300 wins and tons of innings/strikeouts over a long career are a thing of the past. If he does not make it, or at least come close, it looks bleak for the remaining pitchers going forward.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Does no one think Dunn reaching 500 HRs gets him in?

giphy.gif

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Pretty sure Francisco Rodriguez gets in when all is said and done. 30 more saves puts him at 7th all time by himself. He's currently just over 32 years old.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Pretty sure Francisco Rodriguez gets in when all is said and done. 30 more saves puts him at 7th all time by himself. He's currently just over 32 years old.

Wow. Had no idea he was that young. I'm still not sure his dominant years lasted long enough. I see him as pretty darn replaceable most seasons

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Wow. Had no idea he was that young. I'm still not sure his dominant years lasted long enough. I see him as pretty darn replaceable most seasons

Replaceable? Eh?

Rodriguez has been a top-five in the Cy Young three times for a closer. He holds the single season saves record and topped 45 saves three times. His career ERA is 2.71. By the time Rodriguez is finished, with just 100 more saves, he would be in 4th place all time. That and the single-season record gets him in for me. If he closes any longer than that, he'd likely be a first-ballot in the conversation with someone like Trevor Hoffman.

I think we see him out there for the Brewers and think, "No big deal." :)

Staff online

Latest posts