Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PBS Antiques show has One Million Dollar Baseball Memorabilia Discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Nice stash with the story behind it , but I think a million is extremely off

Ryan

The important part you perhaps glossed over...

....was appraised at $1 million for insurance purposes

And as everyone who appraises items for insurance purpose, items of significant value and rarity, always use at least a multiplier of 2 if not more. Having said that, I feel the rarity and significance of this find/collection is easily a $500,000 find.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'm gonna have to knock a hole in a wall and hopefully find something of value, MINIMUM of an 89 ud case or similar.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The important part you perhaps glossed over...

And as everyone who appraises items for insurance purpose, items of significant value and rarity, always use at least a multiplier of 2 if not more. Having said that, I feel the rarity and significance of this find/collection is easily a $500,000 find.

Didn't gloss over , I saw that , just implying that the story is being laid out like it is a million dollars. And the $5000 offer thing is strange too , meaning if that supposed buyer actually knew what the items were , his offer would have def jumped higher

Ryan