Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Javier Baez ties HOFers Ripken Jr., Frank Thomas, and Willie McCovey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
With his second 4 K outing in 10 games, Javier Baez tied Cal Ripken Jr., Frank Thomas, and Willie McCovey for career four-strikeout contests.

He's sure going to be fun to follow, but hopefully he slows down on accumulating these bad boys.

sombrero.jpg

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
In his defense, Mike Fiers was pitching out of his mind today; 14 Ks in 6IP...

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
This will continue until he changes his approach. He swings out of his shoes too often. It looks great when he connects, but it doesn't help you become a successful major leaguer. I watched him in the Rays series recently and I swore he struck out in over half his ABs in the series.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
This will continue until he changes his approach. He swings out of his shoes too often. It looks great when he connects, but it doesn't help you become a successful major leaguer. I watched him in the Rays series recently and I swore he struck out in over half his ABs in the series.

Carlos Gomez disagrees! :) Seriously though you are right. There are very few Major Leaguers who could take that approach and be successful with it.

Members online