Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big Vintage Auto Pickup at WP East Coast National

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
Hello everyone!

I haven't posted in a long long time. Between college, interning, and blog writing (not to mention some socializing), cards/memorabilia have taken a backseat recently.

I was able to make it out to WP for the East Coast National show today at the County Center. I know what to expect when I go, but I have frequented the WP shows since I was 8 and I know lots of people there and it's still great to see some of the items on display. As my mom said today, "I feel like I'm in Cooperstown."

Anyway, after seeing plenty of nice items and talking to great people, I stumbled upon this card at the last table I stopped at before leaving. I hadn't bought anything up until this point. I had considered buying a few nice pieces, but none of them jumped out to me so I passed.

Safe to say, this card jumped out to me. I've been looking for a Maris piece for awhile now:

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic
U9hEBFe.jpg

Would love to hear what you guys think. Also, I am considering re-authenticating it with PSA. If anyone has an opinion on that, please comment!

Avery

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I would get it done by PSA as well. It's a nice bold auto and in a good spot on the card. He could've signed it right across his arms and hidden most of the signature.

thegreathambino

Jan 17, 2009
I'm 300+ into a set in sgc slabs. Displeased isn't even the word I have. I have bought zero sgc cards, new or old since the switch.

I buy the card, not the slab but like Will said I like it to present consistently

I am new to SGC grading. What flip are you guys talking about? What is the 'new flip'? Thanks guys!

Avery

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The "flip" is the name for the label at the top of the graded slab. SGC did a fairly major flip change and the newer flips really stick out like a sore thumb in virtually all SGC collections.

Members online

Latest posts