Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

************ Monday Morning Thread ************

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Morning all! Almost done here for the week.

Man, did Arenado get screwed outta #1 on SC's Top 10. Gomes made a helluva grab. And I love Asdrubal's game, especially when he goes BTB, heck he kinda "invented" it, but there is no way that either of those was better than Arenado's latest Gem

Sorry couldn't find the video.

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning all

attachment.php

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Mornin' All!

Parts are flowing at Ford Motor Company, stock is up and cant seem to make enough parts.

Found this out this morning for those that live in Michigan:

Are you interested in learning an apprenticeable skilled trade? UAW-Ford is offering a 6-week course in Welding Certification Training for qualified applicants.
•6 Week Accelerated Course
•No experience needed
•Must be at least 18 years old
•Must have High School Diploma
•Must be a resident of Michigan
•Training hours are 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday thru Friday
•Participants are not paid during training
•This is not an opportunity for employment with Ford Motor Company
•Upon completion Michigan Works will work with each graduate for job placement
•Participants must go through pre-qualification process for training funds

For more information email [email protected] with a valid name & contact number.

It says this isnt a job opportunity with FoMoCo, but Ford isnt going to pay for it if they dont intend to hire, so take advantage Michiganders!
btw, UAW-Ford, UAW-GM, UAW-Chrysler welders make $33hr plus tools.

Fordman

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. Today is the first day of classes. Mondays and Wednesdays are going to be rough for me as far as classes go. I have 4 classes today, 10-11, 11-12, 12-1, and 2-3:15. Tuesday/Thursday I have class from 9:30-10:45. Fridays are 10-11 and 12-1. I don't even remember all of the classes that I signed up for :lol:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Mornin' All!

Parts are flowing at Ford Motor Company, stock is up and cant seem to make enough parts.

Found this out this morning for those that live in Michigan:

Are you interested in learning an apprenticeable skilled trade? UAW-Ford is offering a 6-week course in Welding Certification Training for qualified applicants.
•6 Week Accelerated Course
•No experience needed
•Must be at least 18 years old
•Must have High School Diploma
•Must be a resident of Michigan
•Training hours are 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday thru Friday
•Participants are not paid during training
•This is not an opportunity for employment with Ford Motor Company
•Upon completion Michigan Works will work with each graduate for job placement
•Participants must go through pre-qualification process for training funds

For more information email [email protected] with a valid name & contact number.

It says this isnt a job opportunity with FoMoCo, but Ford isnt going to pay for it if they dont intend to hire, so take advantage Michiganders!
btw, UAW-Ford, UAW-GM, UAW-Chrysler welders make $33hr plus tools.

Fordman

Good lord man. Cat pays our new welders only 16.50 an hour with a 2 dollar retention bonus and they top out at 22.50 after 3 years I think I'll move to Michigan

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Good lord man. Cat pays our new welders only 16.50 an hour with a 2 dollar retention bonus and they top out at 22.50 after 3 years I think I'll move to Michigan

Our skilled trades dont have tiers the way our production people do. Our production tops out at around $22 and change on tier 2 right now, so it seems like Cat has tier'd wages like we do.

Our welders dont do production welding, they do specialty welding in the house for construction, machine repair, building maintenance and any internal welding that needs to be done. We have six welders per shift (4 shifts here) and they're looking for more across the company.

I'm willing to bet they're looking to train welders to weld aluminum as they're shifting a lot of body panels to aluminum.

Fordman

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Morning boys!

My baby girl started kindergarten today and I think I have a permanent lump in my throat :(

Big day for any parent - congrats to Ava (forgive me if I got that wrong - I think that's her name).

My boys go back to school Wednesday, meet their teachers at open house tonight. Saturday we celebrated the end of summer vacation by going to a Renaissance Faire. I got decapitated for telling lame jokes. If you're wondering why I'm wearing a scout uniform, it was a scout special weekend and I got a big discount on tickets.

10487446_10204719170358285_5346320389330916796_n.jpg

Cool sidewalk art

10357180_10204719137477463_7043855382223706177_n.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well first three classes haven't been terrible yet. I've got ethics in an hour, which that class should be interesting. Its been really hot in all of the classrooms so far though. I'm thankful that I have AC in the dorm room to cool off before heading to class

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Our skilled trades dont have tiers the way our production people do. Our production tops out at around $22 and change on tier 2 right now, so it seems like Cat has tier'd wages like we do.

Our welders dont do production welding, they do specialty welding in the house for construction, machine repair, building maintenance and any internal welding that needs to be done. We have six welders per shift (4 shifts here) and they're looking for more across the company.

I'm willing to bet they're looking to train welders to weld aluminum as they're shifting a lot of body panels to aluminum.

Fordman

In our Skilled trades at cat we even have a 2 tier there and our Machine repair guys and the tool room do all the production welding repair and building. Old tier get 31 and new tier tops out at 25.69

Members online

Latest posts