Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

File under: JACKPOT!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
A collector gave an auction house a semi complete T206 set which was compiled decades ago.

It contained this one particular common which was estimated at about $100 until the auction company noticed it had a newly discovered advertisement on the back.

So instead of selling for $100, it netted $16,500 bucks!

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
If its actually a new variation then that's quite a nice find. Good lil bonus for the seller

Ryan

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
It was a drum back on Wid Conroy, a combination previously not known.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Anybody else surprised or impressed the auction house pointed it out to him? Especially in a big lot?

It really shouldn't be an unusual thing, but I bet it happens more often than not where the House doesn't point it out to him or maybe the individual doesn't and then takes advantage himself...

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Anybody else surprised or impressed the auction house pointed it out to him? Especially in a big lot?

It really shouldn't be an unusual thing, but I bet it happens more often than not where the House doesn't point it out to him or maybe the individual doesn't and then takes advantage himself...

Eh other than a shady person switching it out or something I'd think the AH would want it notified / mentioned as it brings them a bump in commission. I think they would want to promote a new discovery as much as possible

Ryan

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Eh other than a shady person switching it out or something I'd think the AH would want it notified / mentioned as it brings them a bump in commission. I think they would want to promote a new discovery as much as possible

Ryan

Also brings the auction house a ton of pub plus the higher commission, so, makes all the sense in the world for them to disclose it

Members online

Latest posts