Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1997 Donruss Preferred Cut to the Chase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
Does anyone know the insertion ratios of these? I am trying to put the set together and i'm not sure if it'd be worth it to just buy singles, or buy a few boxes and try to pull some. After the cards I have incoming arive, I should be around 57% complete. I might even try to finish the base set too if I bust some boxes. Man I love the looks of these! Don't care for the National Treasures too much though.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I don't remember the odds but I bought a jumbo tin (box) and only pulled one or two of the bronze cut to the chase and most were pretty banged up. I would think singles would be your best bet.

BTW Do you need the Andruw Jones #143 P? If so I have an extra I could move.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
Man, that kinda sucks. I was hoping for maybe 4-5/box. Just sucks paying for the shipping when buying singles. Wish I could find a dealer with a bunch of them. I could have swore I just purchased that Andruw but I don't see it in any of my completed sales. Just LMK how much ya want for it.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
I know I have to have a few you need as I know I've got atleast 30 of em..somewhere....

It depends really.

I've bought a box, and pulled 6, and then I bought two loose tin type boxes and pulled one out of almost every tin....

I would personally go for singles, seeing how the boxes pop up so infrequently.

Where can you get boxes of 97 preferred so readily?

olerudfan

Aug 7, 2008
Arizona
Cobra29svt said:
Does anyone know the insertion ratios of these? I am trying to put the set together and i'm not sure if it'd be worth it to just buy singles, or buy a few boxes and try to pull some. After the cards I have incoming arive, I should be around 57% complete. I might even try to finish the base set too if I bust some boxes. Man I love the looks of these! Don't care for the National Treasures too much though.

I opened a couple of boxes back in 1997 and if I recall back then Donruss gave no stated odds for a specific insert instead they classified inserts as 1:4 tins. So in generel you would get about 4 bronze and 2 silver per box and I think a gold every other box and platinums were around 5-7 boxes and precious metals were like 1 per every other case or maybe even tougher.

Carlos

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
olerudfan said:
Cobra29svt said:

I opened a couple of boxes back in 1997 and if I recall back then Donruss gave no stated odds for a specific insert instead they classified inserts as 1:4 tins. So in generel you would get about 4 bronze and 2 silver per box and I think a gold every other box and platinums were around 5-7 boxes and precious metals were like 1 per every other case or maybe even tougher.

Carlos

really? I pulled quite a few platinums and such. I would say precious metals fall way harder than every other case. Donruss DID make alot of this product...

olerudfan

Aug 7, 2008
Arizona
Rudzud said:
olerudfan said:
Cobra29svt said:

Carlos

really? I pulled quite a few platinums and such. I would say precious metals fall way harder than every other case. Donruss DID make alot of this product...

My memory may be a bit foggy as it was over 10 years ago but I know from the shop I frequented at the time that there were only 1 or 2 platinums pulled out of 6 or 12 tin case they received. I know I didn't get one platinum out of the two plus boxes I opened. Donruss Collation back then was pretty horrid though so its possible some boxes were loaded.

As far as print run there was one gold tin per master tin and each was numbered to 499 or 999 so from that and number of different tins you can calculate a print run and likely determine the average odds for each insert.
I think the master tins may also have been numbered but I tossed my tin containers earlier this year before moving back to AZ.

Carlos

EDIT: I was speaking to the die cuts and not the necessarily the platinum portion of the base set.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
dont bust. unless you want dinged up cards. also for reference. ive seen maybe 3-5 bagwell gold cut to the chase parallels in the past 5-6 years. ive owned 2 and sold them for depressing auction prices of 1.25 and 2.50 (i viewed them as 8-10+ easy, so not sure what happened)

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Cobra29svt said:
Rudzud said:
Where can you get boxes of 97 preferred so readily?

I can't. I found a few, but they're about 2x what I wanna pay.
:cry:

Bingo.

oh my god....DA has tins for $4.50 per..thats laughable! I remember when they were $2.00 per! Man...these things are drier than death valley!

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
BunchOBull said:
I'll go through what I have and see if I have any left. Headed to the shop today or tomorrow as well. I'll look around there.

Appreciate it Ross. I guess I need to make a thread in the set builder section.

Members online

Latest posts