Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TB's Final Bullpen Spot

Who Should the Final Bullpen Spot Go To?

• Troy Percival

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
As of now, Maddon is still deliberating on who should get the final spot. David Price, or this guy:

SEASON TEAM W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR HBP BB SO
2008 Tampa Bay Rays 2 1 4.53 50 0 0 0 28 32 45.2 29 26 23 9 1 27 38

Based on pure stats and ceiling you'd have to go with Price, but then there's the experience factor. Percy isn't as likely to succomb to pressure, being the veteran that he is.

So, cast your votes.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
I would have to think Perceval considering his experience.

I think it would be very helpful having him around..

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
David Price is nowhere NEAR ready for post-season play.

If he were a position player, I might be inclined to say the experience would be good for him. Since he is a pitcher, screwing up in the post season could potentially hurt him in the long run (especially mentally).

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
Percy was lights out with the Angels in the postseason of 2002. That was 6 years ago, but I think Percival still has a little fire left in the tank.

fengzhang

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Gotta go with Percival. He's not having a super year but if you look at his career numbers, he's been extremely hard to hit (roughly 46 hits given up per 67 innings pitched). Even this year, opponents are only batting .178. The control hasn't been there but that's a very useful guy to have around when you need an out.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
David Price. He's got the stuff, and has reacted well to pressure, and will continue reacting well. Percy will still be around the team, just not out there in the pen getting ready to pitch. Right now Percy on the mound frightens me, especially against a team like the Sox who live and die with the HR.