Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mo'Ne Davis becomes first little leaguer on the cover of SI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Thought this was kind of cool.

Hopefully she can still find a way to play on a competitive level throughout high school

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...he-cover-of-sports-illustrated-180522252.html

20644a60-27cd-11e4-97ce-1114f598e90f_monedavissi630.jpg

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I was amazed to find out she's the first little leaguer on teh cover - you'd think in the 60 or whatever years of SI, they would have many little league covers for the United States teams that have won the LLWS over the years.

Good luck to Mo'Ne in baseball - she's pitching at a perfect time against her age group to have success against boys. Soon the boys will undergo puberty and become stronger and quicker, the mound distance won't be 46 feet anymore as she gets to high school, and her 90 MPH equivalent fastball will be 70 MPH at regulation so she'll have to learn to be crafty to have success.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
How did Danny Almonte never get a cover?

That week he was 2000 Tiger dominant. I don't care if he was 22, he was flat nasty and must see TV.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
man, talk about the SI cover jinx! ;)

seriously, every pitcher has a bad game once in a while. that's why you play the game instead of decide it on paper because you don't know what pitcher is going to show up - the dominant one or just having the bad day.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
She still had 6 K's, but it does look like the attention will fade quickly. It will be interesting to see whether there is any real lasting impact.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
They lost but they are still alive. Hopefully they win their next game so she can pitch again.

and PA lost again, so they are done and no more Mo'Ne

Probably will only hear about her again when UCONN is able to sign her to a basketball scholarship. I doubt we'll see her in endorsement deals as I've heard on the radio that endorsement deals may affect her amateur status for NCAA and maybe even olympics women's basketball

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
got my SI today. I wonder what SI was thinking - no Mo'Ne on the cover. I got a regional cover with the Kansas City Royals on it. If SI is going to put Mo'Ne on the cover becuase she's all America is talking about, you'd think it would be a national cover and SI wouldn't screw things up with regional covers.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
got my SI today. I wonder what SI was thinking - no Mo'Ne on the cover. I got a regional cover with the Kansas City Royals on it. If SI is going to put Mo'Ne on the cover becuase she's all America is talking about, you'd think it would be a national cover and SI wouldn't screw things up with regional covers.
Yeah, I got the West regional issue with Kobe Bryant on the cover. I was confused at first until I looked inside and saw the Mo'Ne feature.What a stupid decision for SI to make.

Members online